Is alcohol completely bad?

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
We are all familiar with the fact that alcohol serve as a very good rejuvenating tool to the body . Alcohol is not completely bad as it may seems , some of the ingredients used in making alcohol and major nutritious materials needed by the body . Four examples of alcohol contain sulphur and potassium which are one of the best kind of nutrition the body could need . Sulphur and potassium are used to repair worn out cell and tissues in the body . Sulphur and potassium are used to aid good hair growth and skin development in man .

Yet , it is always advisable to take alcohol in moderation so as not to turn it to something harmful to our bodies . Excess alcohol affect our mental faculties and it properties and also too much intake of alcohol can lead to brain failure , brain deterioration , and another brain related disease and illnesses . Stomach problems and issues such as : running stomach , aching stomach , and stiff stomach digestion problems can be effectively remedied with the use of alcohol . Yet improper consumption of alcohol can lead to weight loss , muscle loss and resolving and fat accumulation in the wrong areas e.g the tummy etc .

Kola

Verified member
Alcohol is bad and should not be taken because it's very dangerous and also very harmful to the body.alcohol is made with different chemicals which is not good and when taken into the body can cause various Disease.alcohol can cause heart problem and also heart disease.they are also dangerous to the kidney too.alcohol also spoil the eye such that it gets red and start to itch.when you take too much alcohol you tend to have big Belly which is not good for the health.so abstain from alcohol it's deadly

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I am a Muslim by faith. Our scriptures state that alcohol has a few benefits, but the disadvantages of using alcohol far outweigh the so called "benefits". Let me explain, almost all the scientist and nutritionist agree that alcohol is bad for health. They all agree that consumption of alcohol could destroy liver. It is bad for heart health, too. It is also bad for your blood sugar. It can also destroy the effects of medications. It can impair cognition and damage the brain. However, a few "studies" have shown that alcohol might be beneficial, but the problem with those studies is that they are either funded by alcoholic production companies or they are flawed.

They never consider the big picture. The alcohol might provide temporary relief, but when a person becomes addicted to alcoholic beverages, those so called "benefits" fade away and there comes a time when the horrible effects of alcohol start taking place on human body. This is why alcohol should be avoided, as it is dangerous to health. In fact, it is not only dangerous to health, but it is also dangerous from social point of view. many people drive car while drinking alcohol and this leads to accidents.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Drinking is not bad if it's taken moderately. There's a lot of talk about how drinking brings joy or highness and make people forget their sorrow. But does it?
The answer is, well, complicated. Drinking does make you feel good in the short-term, but that's because alcohol is a depressant. It works by slowing the activity of your central nervous system and can make you feel relaxed or calm. However, the more you drink, the more your brain starts to adapt to alcohol's effects and needs higher amounts of alcohol to produce them. This is where the problems start.

You might not be thinking about it when you're having fun at a party or out with friends, but drinking can have serious consequences for your health. Long-term health effects include liver damage, heart disease, and cancer—all things that are definitely going to dampen your joy.
All of this is not to say that you shouldn't enjoy yourself every once in a while—but if you do drink, do so responsibly and infrequently.
Most of my friends drink alcohol and they see me as a Jew man or a stupid and weak Person. What I know is, when I go out with them, they take their alcohol, and i take my soft drink or table water if I want. They derive so much joy, I derive a lot of joy too. It's my choice.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I wouldn't condemn alcohol, it is still good in the body system, but it shouldn't be taken excessively. Their are some persons that have soaked themselves into taking of alcohol like the way they drink water on a daily routine. I wonder why I would soak myself taking much of alcohol everyday. I don't even enjoy alcohol, I do take it once in a while when I feel that I need to get a way with some sad issues, still I don't take it to get drunk not get high enough. I just take it to stay quite high, and forget some of my torrid time, because life doesn't need much a weird thinking that boils the mind over.

Kennysplash

Verified member
You know the saying that too much of everything is bad. Alcohol is not bad in itself, but drunkenness is the real problem. Research has confirmed that a man prone to excessive alcohol is actually cutting short his lifespan bits by bits. That is why in some countries like Russia where drunkenness is prevalent, the expected lifespan of a man is 65 years. That is actually poor, but is the effect of excessive alcohol. Take it in moderation, you don't have to stagger every time you take it.
Cultivate self discipline and know when you stop. And for some that know they don't have to ability to control themselves when they start, it's better stay off it for a while.
Some will even say it's because they are feeling down, so they use alcohol to forget their problems. After the alcohol wears off, is your problem not still there?
Everything should be in moderation.