An analysis of honeygain as a passive income source

Etini

Valued Contributor
The Honeygain platform has gained traction online over recent months. At first, I didn't understand what it was all about. Borne out of my my curiosity, I went in and began to dig deep about the platform. In this post, I would be sharing my opinions on the platform being a good source of passive income or not.

Let me start by by stating it here clearly that Honeygain is a platform that pays. It is an app that uses your internet connection to run searches and send queries to organisations on it's own. You don't have to do anything. Just to install the app.

Should someone do it? I would say No for us that live in Africa and other developing countries. Internet connection for us is a luxury. We never have enough to take care of our basic internet needs. To earn a dollar, the app is estimated to have used 10gb of your data subscription. It truly sucks data.

It's payout threshold is $20 and I heard it takes about 48 days to be able to reach this threshold. It is too discouraging for a person using the app.

Overall it is a No for me. Share yours

uforwealth

Verified member
Indeed the app is not for people living in developing countries like Nigerians. I had once installed the app on my phone, the first time I had heard about it,in the hope that I would earn a lot of money without doing anything other than leaving the app to continue running on my phone.

To my surprise, a day later, after installing the app, I realized that my phone temperature was gradually becoming unbearable,very high indeed.

Apart from that, my huge volume of data was nearly exhausted by the app.

At first,I didn't believe the app was the cause of my phone frequent high temperature until I uninstalled it.

Honeygain not only consumes a lot of data but also drains batteries fast. Therefore it is not good for people living in African countries with epileptic power supply and paid data subscription.

Etini

Valued Contributor
That's why it is not advisable to just jump into anything without doing the due diligence of digging deep and getting at least 80% of comprehensive information about it. You almost harmed your phone. I hope you have learned your lesson and you won't toe that path of erratic action again. I have never been that kind of person.

Back to the topic, Honeygain is not for us. I believe the creator of the app didn't have Africa as one of the target markets for the app. Or the creator possibly did not take time to study the African situation before doing the app. And to make it even worse, it is people in developing countries that have time to be using all these platforms to make money. So if your platform can't favour people on developing countries, that is already a major disadvantage to the app or such a site.

jassica90

Honeygain is a promising passive income avenue, leveraging unused internet bandwidth. Its innovative approach to monetizing data sharing with a user-friendly setup makes it an attractive option for those looking to effortlessly earn while staying connected.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Honeygain is a great way to make some extra money passively. You might not earn big amount butyou will certainly earn some money. However, it is important to keep in mind that your earnings will vary depending on factors like internet speed, your location, number of referrals you have, etc. If you do not have any referrals, and are based on tier 3, your earnings will be limited. IN that case you might take many months to reach withdrawal threshold of $20. I no longer use it.