An online seller must have a lot of patience

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
The other night I saw a post in Facebook of snack foods that was shared by a friend. The Facebook Page has a variety of snack foods that I like so I checked the list. After finalizing my order I sent it and asked if they have a COD mode (that is Cash on Delivery). The seller replied on my order but did not respond to the type of payment. After clarifying the items that I ordered I asked again if I can pay by COD. The seller replied that I have to deposit my payment to his bank account, no COD. When I cancelled my order, he went ballistic with his response to even listed his resume.

In my response, I said that I want only COD because I do not want to go out of the house. I added an advice that as an online seller he will be meeting all kinds of people. Patience is the key. If he doesn’t have patience then he should change his business.

If you are selling online, apart from a good website and app, apart from good products, you also need a lot of patience and a lot of money to be spent on advertising. You may never generate sales if you are not advertising. You might have to spend over $500 before you may be able to sell a $10 product. You need patience. Selling online cannot make you rich instantly.

Anyone doing business needs a lot of patients either online business or offline business, this because when starting a business there's a possibility for you to experience a little hard time before you start getting good patronage and at this point you will have to pass through different type of expenses