Are Online Sites That Promise job Fake or Legit?

Holicent

VIP Contributor
I am sure that there are many real jobs listed on those websites. But I think that the majority of them are fake. I have seen a lot of people complaining about their unsuccessful experience with those platforms. The reason behind this is that they are not genuine job boards and they only list the jobs that they want to show to you and then push you to apply for them.

If you look at their website, you will notice that they are trying to sell you something by offering free services or discounts. This is a very common practice in the industry, but it is against the law if it happens more than once; this means that they definitely do not want to help you find a job. I know some people who have used these platforms and found success using them... but there are also many people who have been unsuccessful using them and even lost the chance of finding a new job because of them.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
The Internet is filled with websites that promise you a job. You can apply for the job and if you get selected, you will be paid to do the work. These sites are supposed to be legitimate, but they are not always.

Legitimate companies will never ask you to deposit money in order to qualify for a position. They will also never ask you to pay any fees or deposits before they hire you. If they do, then it's time to walk away because something is wrong with their business model.

It's important to remember that there are many online scams out there and no one site can tell you if an individual site is legit or not. The best way to find out is by checking reviews from other people who have worked with the company before. If the company has negative reviews on them, then it's probably a scam.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I don't know what kind of sites you are talking about. I work on Upwork and Fiverr. On Upwork you cannot post a job or hire a freelancer until you verify your payment. Therefore, there is not a single chance of getting tricked with fake jobs. On Fiverr, a buyer cannot hire you until he pays to Fiverr, and the amount will be released once you deliver the job, therefore, there is no chance of getting scammed by fake buyers. If you join some random site and get a job and don't get paid. it is your own mistake because when there is already a lot of trusted site why do you have to go to some random website to get a job. If someone asks you for money in the name of training and other things, you must remember that 99.99 percent chances are that it is a fake job offer.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Well , I cannot say that they are fake because most of these platform you are talking about are being exposed to us through Google advertisement. They may not be fake but sometimes to be able to get most of the job they are advertising you must be a professional in the area they are asking and in most cases the condition needed for you to successfully be their members is always very tedious. That is why most of the work seems not to work because people will eventually lose interest when they click and read about what it takes to really make money from these jobs they offered..

Well at the same time there are some platforms that are not trusted out there and some of them will be offering out jobs that they know will not work..

I don't really know the reasons for this probably maybe they are interested to scam.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
it just like when you see a job ad offline, some are legit and some are Prue scam so you should try to verify first before applying. If they can post their job ad online then they should have a site online or a social media profile to check them out. Be very wary of jobs that their name aren't online it might just be pure scam.

Be also wary of online jobs that immediately you apply for, you start getting spam messages or unsolicited messages, they might just be emanating from the scammers posing as employers and they are never real.

Even when you are invited for an interview, look out for red flags so that you don't fall into their net. But more importantly, try to avoid making any kind of payment no matter what it is meant for. The main purpose of all they are doing is to get your money, don't fall for them.