Attributes that point to an outstanding career as a teacher.

Etini

Valued Contributor
Teaching I heard is a noble profession. My father was a teacher and I also taught for some time. I believe teachers are the building blocks of society. Not everyone can be a teacher though even though so many people have jumped into teaching as a means to escape unemployment. There are some attributes that a person possesses it sets him/her apart as someone who would be a great teacher. They are

1) Patience: A great teacher must have patience at the very highest level. Students would stress you and stretch you even beyond your capacity. You just have to stay calm and show understanding.

2) Fast Learning: A good teacher must be able to learn very fast. There are times you just step into class and encounter a particular topic for the first time. You have to comprehend that topic quickly and deliver it to the students.

3) Improvisation skills: As a good teacher, you should not be stuck in anything. You should be able to create something out of nothing.

If you have these three attributes, the teaching profession is beckoning you.

IB D

The most important part of all the attributes you mentioned is the ability to improvise. That is the very reason I respect teachers a lot.

They can make gold out of an obvious mud. That is what a true teacher can do. That's why I always advocate that only people that are born teachers should be employed in schools.

What we have today are mercenaries wjo have no business teaching taking up the jobs and even leaving no space for the born teachers. Take it or leave it, teaching is a noble job and it would remain a noble job.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Teachers are like role models as such they need to live an examplary life. which should be one that needs to be copied by those under their wings.

A teacher need to exhibit patience because the students or children can be a handful at times . it is true that some students can stress one and even over stretch a teacher beyond a reasonable capacity. As a teacher one still need to stay calm and show understanding.

Another is about fast learning which I totally agree. a good teacher must be able to learn very fast for the good of the students that will be taught.