Avoiding religious, political, and cultural arguments at work

Most people would say they would like to work in an environment where they feel comfortable discussing their religious, political, and cultural views. However, research shows that when these types of conversations happen in the workplace, they can often lead to tension and conflict. In fact, a study by the Workplace Bullying Institute found that 58% of employees reported experiencing religious discrimination, 47% reported experiencing political discrimination, and 44% reported experiencing cultural discrimination at work.

There are a few topics you should avoid discussing at work, and they are religious, political, and cultural arguments. While these topics can be interesting and generate a lot of discussion, they can also lead to tension and conflict in the workplace.

When it comes to religion, it’s important to remember that there are many different faiths represented in the workplace. Political beliefs can also be divisive, as can cultural backgrounds and traditions. It’s best to avoid these topics altogether in order to keep the peace at work.

Thanks for this advise. It is very important for these things to be put into consideration , normally if I have a business organisation I wouldn't even give room for political or religious discussion of any kind because this will not in any way add value or help the business progress , is everyone are expected to face their responsibility.

Sometimes when too much of this discussion arises , it might definitely affect the business because everyone will abandon their responsibilities and focus on the discussion . This is one of the things I will not like to entertain in my business.

Not really on my business , even if I have to work for any organisation of any kind , I wouldn't want a situation that I leave my responsibilities I have to do for discussion of this kind.

Anyway naturally I am not really interested to discuss anything about politics or religious.