Best way to monetize my writing skills?

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Experience has shown that I am a very good writer and this is not just from posting on forums , but in other things that I have engaged in within some years now .
I could spend hours just typing and writing on some thing that I a really passionate about .

Despite all this, I still feel that there is actually a need for me to make sure I utilise this skill and see to it that I monetise it to make some money, because we currently have gotten t a place in our world where you have to make sure you utilise what you know to make the money that you want to have. It is more like the saying that says , use what you have to get what you want.

This is something that I have been thinking about for some time now and would really appreciate any contributions that would be aimed at suggesting ways I. Which I can effectively use these writing skills to make money and not just sit down to continue managing with little that is not even enough for me to sustain myself.

What do you think about this?

Do you have any suggestions at all ?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I think that you are seeking ways to make money by writing. I think that there could be various kinds of different methods that you could use to make money by writing. If you want to "monetize' your writing skills, then I guess, you must look for blogging. Blogging is a great way to "monetize" your skills because it provides you the opportunity to write and make money. What's more interesting fact about blogging is that you may choose your own niche and start making money. For example, if you like fashion, then you may start a blog about fashion. It all depends on your taste and likes.

However, you must work really hard in order to make a successful blog because there are already so many people who have probably a good blog about the topic which you choose. So, you must be competing with those folks. If your blog is new, then this means that your blog needs to have content and traffic to compete with other bloggers. Unfortunately, this is where the real game starts. You must possess excellent SEO skills or hire a person who could help you gain traffic for you. Remember that traffic is the main aspect of blogging.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
If you have a writing skill or passion for writing, you are definitely on your way to online success because there are a lot of ways in which you can monetize your writing skills.

Writing is very much in high demand and if you can capitalise on this then you will definitely make a lot of money. Blogging is one of the best ventures in which you can go into as a writer and become very successful on it within some period of time. It is also very much important for you to know that blogging does not become successful overnight because there are a lot of things you must put in place for you to succeed as a blogger.

Firstly, it is important for you to pick a very good niche that you have proper knowledge of then create a very good blog, another important thing you need to know is how to optimise your articles for that means you need to learn how to do search engine optimisation well for you to become successful as a blogger.

As a writer there are also other ways in which you can make money such as freelance writing and writing of ebooks. You can publish books on Amazon Kindle.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
If you are really good in writing , then you should also try as much as possible to equip yourself with all the necessary writing strategy that can help you to write high-quality content . And not only that , you must have a good understanding of the SEO which is the search engine optimisation and how content should be written for it to be rank higher in the search engine optimisation.

Apart from this , there are other things you will also need to know that can increase your chance of writing content that will be needed by people.

You should also try as much as possible to learn how to write marketing articles on how product can be described and how you can also suggest these products to customers . If you can upgrade your skills to this standard I believe there will be a lot of ways you can make money without problems.

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you want to monetize your writing skills, try something that will make you more money. A 500 words article will earn you $10 on average on Fiverr or Upwork, however, a two lines copy can earn you $20-$30. A 20 pages ebook will earn you $200-$300 on average on freelance writing sites, however, you can earn $100-$200 by writing a product description that is not even 5 pages in total. An article on a general topic can earn you $10-$20 but f you write a business article or tech article, you might earn $50-$60. Even though you can earn from all kinds of writing, if you want to earn better you should choose a genre that makes you more money. However, in order to explore other types of writing, you also need additional skills. The skills you need for article writing are entirely different from the skills required for copywriting.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Writing seems one of the simplest hobby to monetize. There are various ways people are monetizing this writing as a skill. And these methods may include the following ways.

Blogging is the oldest way of making money off writing. It involves writing for others to read. The money to be realized from this may be determined by the how skillful and deligent one is. It may also be gotten from some activities that are related to blogging. This may include writing article.

One may decide to work on some freelancing websites. There are many freelancing websites that are ready to pay for the money or service one renders through writing. One may involve himself with activities such as copy writing, content writing among others.

It won't be so nice listing ways of making money through writing without made mentioning of paid to post websites. This has been a new and easiest way of making money from writing. The ways may include writing of comments and threads. To easily make money from siidnto post websites, we can join as many as possible.

Writing an ebook is another way of making money. This is the much sophisticated way of getting money as a writer.