Between paypal and cryptocurrency which one do you prefer to transact with?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
When it comes to payment gateways online, not everyone can choose paypal as its preferred payment option for all online transactions. Paypal rejects some countries and accept the ones that seems good to them. And restrict the ones that is not worthy to use their service. But Cryptocurrency doesn't act like paypal, it is almost available in all the countries in the world. To receive payments from online merchants, send, store and withdraw to local banks. It makes those that falls adrift to use paypal to have means of taking their laboured income online. That has eased the panic from those that finds it difficult to take their payments made online, by taking through Cryptocurrency.

Between the two payment option of paypal and crypto which one suit you the most??

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Yeah
I don't really like using Vpn to open and create an account on any website that is restricted to my country including PayPal
I don't like hiding my identity so I would rather go for bank transfer or crytpo than opt in PayPal
Paypal have never been useful for we Nigerians and some African regions too that it doesn't accept to use its platform. I'm just staying off from disturbing myself from trying to create an account with paypal manipulating details to frame things up and own account with it. I just prefer using Cryptocurrency than any other payment system online. Cos Cryptocurrency is fast, and secure too for online transactions. It enables one to transfer funds to another user without third person authorization.

Victor001

Personally, I prefer using crypto currency for transacting compared to paypal.
Reason been that the limitation that comes with paypal as well as the setups is quite unfavourable making it difficult to transact. Paypal encourages third party and any loss inquired in the process of transaction can not be easily retrieved unlike using crypto exchangers where direct transactions is easily done swiftly and smoothly.

Ahmedo24

Verified member
I'm very confident that most Nigerians will not go for PayPal because it has serious limitations for Nigerlans. Crypto currencies become the very best option to use in getting money down to the bank with out much hassle and they also come with very little transaction fee. Those who want to grow their money leave them in their wallet and monitor the growth while those that can't take the risk withdraw to their Local bank immediately. We hope that Crypto currencies will continue to strive better despite the challenges.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I am a Nigerian and I can't be going through a the stress of opening an account using foreign details. That's why PayPal is no go area to me. I prefer cryptocurrencies. Keeping money in cryptocurrency will even give me more opportunities to trade with the money. The only thing I like about PayPal over other methods of collecting money is the fact that it is fast and get processed easily. But since it is not used and acceptable in my country. I prefer using cryptocurrencies.

Olajidey

I prefer using cryptocurrency for receiving money online than PayPal but I have some exceptional cases in which I am forced to use PayPal for receiving money online nevertheless I prefer cryptocurrency for the following reason, I don't like keeping, money inn bank so leaving the money in my wallet is the best option for me a reason because there might be an increase of the coin which will make my money increase and I will just withdraw the profit but on PayPal there is no increase.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Personally, I prefer using crypto currency for transacting compared to paypal.
Reason been that the limitation that comes with paypal as well as the setups is quite unfavourable making it difficult to transact. Paypal encourages third party and any loss inquired in the process of transaction can not be easily retrieved unlike using crypto exchangers where direct transactions is easily done swiftly and smoothly.
Your points for your preference between paypal and Cryptocurrency is well stated. Paypal have so many rules that doesn't feel good to both users and non users of their platform. Their high fees charges for transactions is outrageous and not worth it. And the act of restricting the lower countries from using their platform isn't a good feeling at all from the people coming from the lower tier countries. Cryptocurrency have make over those lapses of paypal and made us to transact online freely without third party authorization.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I am a Nigerian and I can't be going through a the stress of opening an account using foreign details. That's why PayPal is no go area to me. I prefer cryptocurrencies. Keeping money in cryptocurrency will even give me more opportunities to trade with the money. The only thing I like about PayPal over other methods of collecting money is the fact that it is fast and get processed easily. But since it is not used and acceptable in my country. I prefer using cryptocurrencies.
Okay, you should prefer using the stuff that works for you, just the way you've chooses Cryptocurrency over paypal. The only good feature I love about paypal is the customers protection. Paypal tend to protect their customers funds and not allowing external to receive payment when he or she doesn't worth the money. Paypal immediately set a feature of charge back to regain the many lost the the victimized customer. That doesn't mean i admire them a lot, even if they are legit. Since they don't accept my country I'll prefer using Cryptocurrency to PayPal.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I live in a country where Paypal is not supported. I have heard that Paypal does not even plan to conduct busines in my country in the future due to various reasons. So it is highly more likely that there will be no Paypal in my country ever. Even if Paypal started supporting my country, I will always prefer cryptocurrency and there are several reasons for that.

1) You Can Anonymously Conduct Transactions: There is no reason for why you should verify yourself. You can anonymously conduct transactions when it comes to cryptocurrency and there is no hassle to send your documents to anyone for verification.

2) No One Can Freeze Your Crypto Wallet: There is some possibility of your wallet getting hacked by someone. However, no one will ever "freeze" your wallet for some stupid reason. You can prevent your wallet getting hacked by setting strong passwords and using a different address when carrying out transaction for the next time. It should be noted that even Paypal accounts can get hacked and many people have lost money due to paypal susceptibility.

3) Low Fees: Don't get me wrong. I am not talking about Bitcoin that has high fees right now. I am talking about other cryptocurrencies that have very low transaction fees than Paypal.

4) Cryptocurrencies Are Not "Owned" By A Single Organization: Paypal is a company and it is controlled by a group of people who own the company. Cryptocurrencies are not owned by anyone and they are decentralized. This makes cryptocurrencies even more secure.

Makah

It is better to stay off from using a VPN to access paypal, trying to manoeuvre with the system to set up account with the online payment gateway of paypal kind. Cos one day paypal might try to use automated software that deactivate anybody using VPN to hide its identity in order to use their platform. I would rather stay off from such act and focus on using Cryptocurrency. Which has been good to me since i started using it.
Yeah
I don't really like using Vpn to open and create an account on any website that is restricted to my country including PayPal
I don't like hiding my identity so I would rather go for bank transfer or crytpo than opt in PayPal

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Yes, the law or will I call it decree just came out today and the enforcement of this law might start next week so people are hurriedly selling their cryptocurrency. I don't know whether it would affect Luno and the likes but the government threatened to close the bank accounts of those who still deal in crypto currency. It's just too sad that the Nigerian government cannot get experts to advise them on certain issues before passing a law. One thing I know is that cryptocurrency has come to stay and there no going back on it. Trust Nigerians, we'll always find a way around it.
Sure, i trust Nigerians on what they can do, Cryptocurrency is set to stay bro, no going back. Our government is not trying at all, they just make unfavourable decisions without consulting experts that knows about Cryptocurrency on the pros and cons of the coins before putting such harsh laws on it. I heard also that the ban is only for banks trading the coins and online crypto dealers from using naira to buy Cryptos again. That it won't affect withdrawals, that the normal withdrawals will still go on in the various bank account.

Sammyesx

PayPal is definitely not a good option since it is restricted for Nigerians, though there are people that still find a way to bypass those restrictions and still do their normal transactions, but it is kind of illegal. Cryptocurrency is the better option but with the recent restriction by the central bank of Nigeria , making transactions with crypto currency will start becoming difficult, because people Wont be able to do a direct transaction between crypto exchangers and the bank. Though their will be other methods by it will require additional charges.

Kennysplash

Verified member
All my online earnings have always been paid through cryptocurrencies, I can never think of withdrawing through PayPal. For one thing it is restricted in my country, although some people find ways they can bi-pass this i don't want to take the risk of losing my hard earned money to PayPal. That is why I don't waste time working on sites that pay using only PayPal, but if there is cryptocurrency then we are good to go. I will just receive it to my wallet, sell it and immediately withdraw the money to my bank account. So simple.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
PayPal is definitely not a good option since it is restricted for Nigerians, though there are people that still find a way to bypass those restrictions and still do their normal transactions, but it is kind of illegal. Cryptocurrency is the better option but with the recent restriction by the central bank of Nigeria , making transactions with crypto currency will start becoming difficult, because people Wont be able to do a direct transaction between crypto exchangers and the bank. Though their will be other methods by it will require additional charges.
Yeah their are people that bypass the restriction pattern via paypal that their country isn't licensed for that. Those people find a way to get it by all mean and hassle free cos they know what to do and get it as soon as possible to do transactions with it. I don't want to follow such ideas to create a paypal account i see it as illegal just the way you viewed it too. Since i can use Cryptocurrency to receive money from online merchants and earning platforms I'm gappy for that. With time Cryptocurrency will establish itself like paypal.

D

Deleted member 27583

Since pa
When it comes to payment gateways online, not everyone can choose paypal as its preferred payment option for all online transactions. Paypal rejects some countries and accept the ones that seems good to them. And restrict the ones that is not worthy to use their service. But Cryptocurrency doesn't act like paypal, it is almost available in all the countries in the world. To receive payments from online merchants, send, store and withdraw to local banks. It makes those that falls adrift to use paypal to have means of taking their laboured income online. That has eased the panic from those that finds it difficult to take their payments made online, by taking through Cryptocurrency.

Between the two payment option of paypal and crypto which one suit you the most??
Since paypal didn't allow us in mg country to enjoy their services,I use crytocurrency for all transactions then,one it is very easy to use,no need of hiding yourself through a VPN ..

So I will always recommend every means of crytocurrency payment to anyone in my country,and the way their own currency varies as well make it fun to buy and sell back when it goes up...
Like I said earlier crytocurrency payment is the way forward over here in my country so anything I want to purchase online made easy and I could received all sort of payment funds I laboured for...

So it is safe to use no banned for any country or something ever ,so what else are we all looking for again....

Lets keep enjoying this mode of payment for now,I hope and pray to never get any problem with our national at large ...

Aniwhyte

I would choose cryptocurrency over PayPal due to the fact that I won't ever be able to use PayPal as a payment method unless I eventually travelled out of the country. But with cryptocurrency it is quite very easy to earn money, receive money and send money to anyone around the world with little to no charges. Ever since I knew about bit coin and other cryptocurrency I no longer struggle to send my younger brother who is in a neighbouring country, I no longer struggle to send him money for upkeep, all I do now is fund my binance account with my card and transfer him some money with little to no charges.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Since pa

Since paypal didn't allow us in mg country to enjoy their services,I use crytocurrency for all transactions then,one it is very easy to use,no need of hiding yourself through a VPN ..

So I will always recommend every means of crytocurrency payment to anyone in my country,and the way their own currency varies as well make it fun to buy and sell back when it goes up...
Like I said earlier crytocurrency payment is the way forward over here in my country so anything I want to purchase online made easy and I could received all sort of payment funds I laboured for...

So it is safe to use no banned for any country or something ever ,so what else are we all looking for again....

Lets keep enjoying this mode of payment for now,I hope and pray to never get any problem with our national at large ...
Cryptocurrency have really helped us that doesn't have paypal account to collect money from online services, and from merchants online and directly paid to our local bank account through those exchange platforms. I'm happy for the emergence of Cryptocurrency in the world scene. At least it has save us from the stress posed by paypal bank. I'm not even worried a dime time to have paypal again since Cryptocurrency is here for me. After all paypal charges are high compare to some Cryptocurrencies like LTC, XRP, BCH, DOGE, TRX etc.

gochenko8

I agree with you that
Due to the restrictions of PayPal's in some countries include mine has made PayPal very difficult to transact with so people would prefer Crypto to PayPal because it's not restricted here
So for me I would love to receive money through Crypto currencies because my PayPal app can be deactivated any time due to it's ban from my Country though lots of peopleake use of vpn while opening the app or and Account with the company which is illegal I think

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I agree with you that
Due to the restrictions of PayPal's in some countries include mine has made PayPal very difficult to transact with so people would prefer Crypto to PayPal because it's not restricted here
So for me I would love to receive money through Crypto currencies because my PayPal app can be deactivated any time due to it's ban from my Country though lots of peopleake use of vpn while opening the app or and Account with the company which is illegal I think
Cryptocurrency is preferable to me than paypal. Cos paypal doesn't grant Nigerians license, and as such we can't just depend till when it will grant back Nigerians access before owning an online account. I just prefer transacting around Cryptocurrency than paypal account. Paypal have too many unfavorable rules that is not suiting to the lower tier countries. Since they are selective of the country to use their platform, they should continue with such style, now i found Cryptocurrency solving my online transaction needs.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I have never liked PayPal right from when I learned about it as a gateway to getting paid online. One PayPal is so discriminatory about third world countries,how can a payment processor only allow a country to only send out money without receiving, so how then does the person get the funds into the account to then send. A very mean way of rejecting one for taking part in a system. Bitcoin is a lot better payment method, it can be accessed by all and can be used by all with no restrictions.
Bitcoin and other Cryptocurrency is a better option than paypal type. Paypal restrictions is not a good one for the third world countries. I really felt so disappointed seeing paypal grant us partial request of sending funds out from our wallet to another online merchant but can't receive back payment from a merchant into our paypal account. That's bizarre i must say, paypal need to block such kind of partial authorization, cos i still don't see any value why we only send but we can't receive payment.

Makah