Between permanent basis and contract which is the way to go?

Activator230822

Verified member
So personally I have seen many businesses and companies hiring some employees to their respective businesses. However we all know that there are two modes of employment terms. We have permanent employment whereby we pay our employees monthly plus some other incentives like house rents, commutance allowances, medical insurance cover among others. Alternatively, we have the other means whereby by we hire workers in contract basis like three, six, twelve months or more depending on the agreement between the employer and the employees.
So between the two which one do you find it to be more conveniently in terms of cost effectiveness?

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Personally, I prefer contracting job because it offers more freedom than permanent, before you can quit a permanent job you have to go through a lot of due process.

But with a contract job you can leave when it is off, you can also have a lot of flexibility in your job, because most contract jobs are remote based or at best flexible.

Most permanent staff have no dreams of doing there own thing later in life and they just get stuck there till they retire, stuffs like that.

But contract job just like Freelancing is very different because you just have to tell your employer, entrepreneurs can take on contract jobs when trying to get their business up and running, which is very ideal and flexible.

I think in the end it all boils down to individual choices, those with families might prefer permanent jobs to secure their family or stuffs like that.