Blogging vs vlogging

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Which do you think is getting more views, a traditional blog or the modern vlog? A traditional blog is the written text which is an article to be read. It can have pictures or videos. A vlog is a video blog which has a title and probably a little caption. The rest of the story is in the video. For a reader you have to spend a longer time to finish the duration of the video in a vlog while in the traditional blog you can spend a shorter time if you are a fast reader.

One friend who is both a blogger and a vlogger said that practically the blog and vlog are the same and only the presentation differs. But for the vlogger it is an enjoyable activity to create a video especially if you are fond of seeing and hearing yourself in the video. The vlogger is like an actor in his own movie. But regarding the earnings and the number followers maybe it would just depend on the niche of the blog or vlog.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I have a blog, I also have a youtube channel. My blog is monetized with adsense and other ad networks. My blog earns me just about $30-$40 per month through adsense and other ad networks. My youtube channel has just 550 subscribers and just about 100 hours of watch time. I am yet to reach the monetization threshold. I once dreamed of becoming a vlogger, but I failed.