Trading Discussion Both long and short term trading is possible in forex

Ivo Zetticci

Verified member
Long and short term trading are possible in the forex market. Even traders can make money in a short amount of time if they have excellent analytical skills. However, some traders prefer long-term trading, which is stable and easy to maintain. So, at first, focus on learning and gaining experience. I am taking free educational materials from my broker Eurotrader. The broker also offers a trading platform for MT4 and MT5, as well as a variety of other services.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
This is base on personality and one's sole motivation, I for example, I trade short term that is scalping but I have long-term plans so I don't let myself get caught up in the noise.

I believe in building my account steadily over time than just doing it for the sake of some short term milestone, even though I have an account that I trade for short term gains like if I want to make money fast to fix something up.

People have different reasons to trade which I totally respect, long term or short term the most important thing in forex trading is to make profits

Kingstone

Both are good ways to make good money from forex. But the basic thing to do is to learn and master your strategy. Only a good strategy will tell you when you are to enter and exit a position. Going long term trading on forex is considered to be down by swing traders because they are not ready to go out of the market without making all the profits available. Short-term trading is for the scalpers; those who want to quickly make their profits from a particular bullish or bearish move.

Still, a trader can combine both forms of trading depending on the time he has dedicated and the amount in the balance for trading.

rextee

Both are good and easy to make money in forex. In the end, it’s your trading strategy that will make you a good short-term or long-term trader, so focusing on it is important. For that, backtest as much as you can. Along with strategies, traders need to have good risk and money management. Psychology also plays a crucial factor.

JoeSeki

Another good thing about trading is that you can either hold your positions for a few seconds or even as long as a few months. You can be a short term, medium term or a long term trader depending upon how much time you are willing to give to trading, how many trades you want to take per day or how quick you want to earn your profits.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I don't really know much about forex trading in this way, but this will be best suited if you are engaging in cryptocurrency trading because cryptocurrency will give you an opportunity to decide if you are trading for long-term or short-term purposes , I don't know about trading Forex for long term, but even if you do there may be a higher possibility that your account may be liquidated except you are using small leverage ,but generally I would advise people to engage in these when they are investing in cryptocurrency as the potential chance of losing is low here

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Forex is not really an easy thing based on what people are telling me.

A lot of people are losing in the market seriously and a lot of people at the same time are making money but what I've come to understand is that it is only a few percentage of people that will likely make money from the forex market based on the fact that the market is highly volatile and depends a lot on technical and fundamental analysis

I have traded a demo account before in the past and I'm still doing it currently. I understand what so many people are passing through in the cause of trying to make money on the internet through Forex.

The only way forex can be enjoy both for long-term and short-term is to have a huge sum of money in your account , without the possibility of losing in the market will be extremely low.