Building Followers on Social Media: Dos and Don’ts

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
If you want to build followers on social media, here are some dos and don'ts. The tips I have mentioned here have worked for me and can be used for any social media platform.

Dos

Audio Video Content: If you want to grow your social media fan base, create and share videos. Audio-visual content is more popular than image or text-based content.

Infographics: Instead of simply sharing information, create infographics. People prefer to see information rather than read it.

Contests/ Giveaways: Offer rewards to the followers for participating in contest and giveaways.

Quizzes/Polls: Encourage users to engage with your content by posting quizzes and polls.

Don’ts

Don’t buy followers: You can find a lot of platforms that sell followers. Don’t buy followers, these are bot followers.

Don’t use social exchange: You can find platforms that promise you to deliver followers if you pay them. These are fake followers.

Don’t be too promotional: Don’t only promote yourself, also offer valuable content.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Building followers on social media is a great way to get the word out about your brand and your business. However, there are some common mistakes that can hurt your efforts.

Here are a few tips for building followers on social media:

Don’t just post about yourself: Post content from other people as well. This will show people that you’re interested in what they have to say and make them feel valued as an individual.

Be helpful: Share helpful advice for people who ask questions or provide feedback. This shows that you care about others and are willing to help out. You might not always be able to give answers right away, but sharing resources or ideas can go a long way toward helping others in their businesses.

Don’t fall into the trap of posting too often: It’s typical for social media users to comment on other posts, especially if they like what they see. However, this can lead to image overload and burnout quickly if you don’t use moderation tools properly or limit how many times you post per day or week.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
If you’re looking to grow your business, social media can be a great way to do it.

It’s not enough to just post content and hope for the best — it takes a lot of work to build a following on social media.

And while there are plenty of strategies and methods (both good and bad) out there, here are some dos and don’ts when it comes to building followers on social media:

Share content regularly

Share quality content as often as possible. If you want your audience to trust you, they need to see that you’re invested in what you’re sharing.

Share relevant posts

Make sure each post is relevant to the topic at hand and has something interesting about it. This will help build trust with your followers because they know that what you share is valuable information that relates directly back to their lives.

Be consistent with posting content

Consistency is key when it comes to sharing quality content on social media — this means posting consistently throughout the week and/or month. For example, if someone likes one of your posts, don’t stop sending them more great content from time-to-time throughout.

Mika

VIP Contributor
People are so desperate to build followers that they either start buying followers or start using social exchange sites. Even celebrities are buying followers (a lot of celebrities have frequently admitted to buying followers). This is not a good way to build followers. Ther primary motive behind building followers is to build and audience, the idea behind building an audience is to have genuine people who will be interested in your products and services, When your followers are interested in your products and services, you will have a conversion on your social media posts. When there are conversions, you have sales, when there are sales, you are making profits. If you are in a bit hurry to build followers, a better strategy is to advertise your page on the social media, by doing so, the platform will place your page among the feed of potential followers and you will be able to build genuine followers.

cmoneyspinner

LOL. I am laughing at myself. When I first started being active on social media, I was so worried about not having followers. I was even tempted to buy followers. I tried once. However, I'm not sure that followers I bought were real people. Anyway! I didn't like the results of buying followers so I forgot about it. I have a Twitter account that has never reached 1000 followers. (I read somewhere that 1000 was a “magic number”). However, even though I did not have that many followers, my affiliate sales for one montn was about $75. Evidently, even though they did not follow me they did click on my affiliate links. I was like: “OK! Don't follow me. Just keeping clicking!” LOL.

itspossiblepro

Great content there!!. Regular posting, consistency and staying relevant is key as mentioned early on. But you need to have in mind not to spam people also

Forse

The best way to attract subscribers is to create valuable content. The niche is not important. Quality content is what people value most.