Business ideas that would struggle to work in Sub Saharan Africa.

Etini

Valued Contributor
When it comes to businesses, location plays a vital part in determining if a business would succeed or not. In this post, I outline some businesses that won't really work in Sub Saharan Africa given the nature of the populace which make up the target market there.

1) Arts Gallery: The last thing that an average person in this region can think of patronizing is arts as in arts collections. You would be lucky to meet an average person that has paid for arts once or twice not to talk of owning a collection to be a repeat customer.

2) Spa and Massage Parlors: A few elites would patronize a professional spa. The average people get their massage services from their spouses and family members. They make do with that no matter how unprofessional it might be.

3) Gym Services: Am I kidding you? No, I am not. People don't patronize professional gyms in this region. They have their makeshift improvised gyms at the back of their homes. I have mine too.

Activator230822

Verified member
I too have realised that. In Africa there are some businesses that would not make it at all no matter how perfectly, fancy and nicely made.
This is because in the region, almost all the countries found on there are really struggling with stagnated and a crambling economies that is caused by the state money laundering, embezzlement of government funds, corruption among other inappropriate social and cultural practices that seems to ditch the African continent into a languishing poverty and informal kind of life set up.