Can an impatient person have a career in sales and marketing?

Etini

Valued Contributor
I have a sister that is a sales expert. She can sell anything. I can't seem to fathom how she does it. I on the other hand am not a patient person at all. I am somehow a perfectionist. And I don't like people messing up with me. The day I followed my sister to the market, I was boiling when a customer priced down our product. Buy my sister ended up closing that deal. The question is, with my personality, do I have a chance in sales and marketing? How can I combine my person to be a good sales person?

Yes you have a chance but the bitter truth is,you may end up loosing some potential customers and that is like also loosing some profits. Though whatever you are destined to sell is what you will sell. I know some one of present who is actually like you, according to what you stated above and she do have have so much argument with customers too.

But one thing you should understand is, people will always price down goods, that's why we are humans,yours is to either sell or close down the deal. No one can actually force you to sell what you don't intend selling. But then learning the act of patience is one of the keys to selling off your goods at a good price. For you to be able to sell your products at a good price requires patient,be jovial and friendly and you will end up selling your products at a good price.

I like what you said ,

Heartstrings

you have a chance but the bitter truth is,you may end up loosing some potential customers and that is like also loosing some profits. Though whatever you are destined to sell is what you will sell. I know some one of present who is actually like you, according to what you stated above and she do have have so much argument with customers too.

The sad truth is that it will be very hard for you to succeed in marketing because you will end up pursuing your customers and on the long run it will greatly affect your business.

Marketing needs the kind of person that is very patient and understanding and no matter how your customer prices your product you need to tell them in a polite manner that that is not the way the product is being sold with respect.

If you're the kind of person that is always quarreling with customers there is no way people will be willing to patronize you because when they do so they will be afraid to price product.

A good marketer also needs to be good in communication and must have copywriting skills if you are selling online. Copywriting is also important in offline because you can use those skills to convince people to purchase whatever you are promoting.