Can one become rich as a digital freelance writer?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I've heard so many websites claiming to offer freelance writers up to $100 for submitting quality content that is no less than 2,000 words base on a specific type of niche. I've tried many of them, writing my nails off, and submitting articles worth over 2,000 words still no avail.

That made me to doubt such kind of websites claiming to offer such amount to writers, making me thinking they're just in to rip hard work off. At the freelance marketplace, I don't earn past $3-$5 per 700-1000 words quality article submitted. If you work on such pay rate per 700-1000 word count, it will be hard to become rich writing. Because you're taking out hard work to write but at the end you're being underpaid.

Those who are into E-book writing makes reasonable amount of money, provided their e-book finds the right marketer to market it exponentially to drive sales. Even without a marketer or influencer, an eBook writer can simply sell at Amazon, eBay, or at the freelance marketplace and make his or her money.

Not everyone is ready to write an ebook due to how exhausting and time consuming it is. I can't spend months simply to write and cover over 16 pages or their about, in order to form an ebook. But those whose passion permits them, are making good use of their time well to earn huge returns out from writing ebooks. An ebook writer can be rich when the book he or she created go viral, or cover lots of sales, or receive a high purchase offer.

On your own, do you think freelance writers can be rich writing?

Moni

To me I believe everybody can be rich from the job that the person do. Maybe because you couldn't make money out of it does not means nobody can not make money out of it.
It could also be that it does not support in your country.

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you are selling your articles to clients, you do not have many chances to become rich because you earn a one-time income and you will have to constantly write to earn. You will be struggling to earn. But if you write a book and manage to generate a lot of sales on your book, you can become rich. If your book becomes a best seller and if some movie company picks it to adapt for a movie, you will become very rich.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There is no job that cannot make you rich. The fact is that it is not the job that makes us rich but our attitude towards it. Consistency and hardwork on this digital freelancing will let us go a long way.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
It not so easy to become rich as a freelancer because the issue of getting client is there . And also some times one may be written plenty of words and at the end they may still not accept it. That can be discouraging some time and some times the payment used to be too low compare to the stress one will go through befors finish written.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
You can become rich by working as a freelance writer. Recently, there was a news on Business Insider about a woman who was earning $14,000 per month by writing for clients through Fiverr. According to the report, the woman was charging upto $1000 for one ebook. If you are paid that kind of money, you can easily become rich. But you need to remember one thing, you need to someone using English as a first language.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
If you are selling your articles to clients, you do not have many chances to become rich because you earn a one-time income and you will have to constantly write to earn. You will be struggling to earn. But if you write a book and manage to generate a lot of sales on your book, you can become rich. If your book becomes a best seller and if some movie company picks it to adapt for a movie, you will become very rich.
Sure, I've always seen ebooks or even physical books being a major source towards making an individual rich online or offline. Writing articles and submitting to clients can't make me rich, due to how low those articles are priced. Richness comes in when you take up extra gigs very demanding and difficulty, and doing exceptionally, to attract the attention of those who will acquire it with better rewards just as you've recommended the movie industry for an ebook. Those who are into this field of writing books, are making lots of money from their dedication of publishing worthwhile and entertaining books to the public.

Mika

VIP Contributor
You can earn better if you add value to your service. For example, if you are a general freelance writer, you can also offer to write SEO content (SEO content fetches better price), if you are writing ebooks for clients, you can also offer to do digital marketing for the ebook you have written, or offer to design the cover for the ebook. By adding extra service, you get better pay.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
You can earn better if you add value to your service. For example, if you are a general freelance writer, you can also offer to write SEO content (SEO content fetches better price), if you are writing ebooks for clients, you can also offer to do digital marketing for the ebook you have written, or offer to design the cover for the ebook. By adding extra service, you get better pay.
Yes of course, what you said is simply concept at its best. One needs to be creative, take up extra jobs via what he or she does. And not just writing contents to earn money from merchants you offer them. Writing contents without targeting search engine optimization will reward little, but one who writes SEO targeted contents is paid higher. I love the e-book kind of writing, it pays higher, and also the job is very demanding and stressful. I can write it, but I need to change my environment that is noisy and be in an environment where the tempo is calm in order to think deep, and write excellently.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Why not, of course one can make good money from writing online, although it is not so advisable for one to rely on it, when you are just starting, it is usually challenging and can be very discouraging if you are not so determined. To make good money with this, you have to keep making research about freelance websites in order to be able to have more chances of getting a job offer quickly from clients that might be in need of your services. You can even specialize on selling ebooks, trust me, some are being sold for up to $200.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Why not, of course one can make good money from writing online, although it is not so advisable for one to rely on it, when you are just starting, it is usually challenging and can be very discouraging if you are not so determined. To make good money with this, you have to keep making research about freelance websites in order to be able to have more chances of getting a job offer quickly from clients that might be in need of your services. You can even specialize on selling ebooks, trust me, some are being sold for up to $200.
Some eBooks are sold out for $1,200 and above. It depends on the kind of book you wrote, if it comprises of multiple pages, with clear substance which is very much satisfying to readers during it's review of the ebook, you can simply get someone who might pay to get the book from you and publish it elsewhere and make additional money. But if you're an influencer also, you'll reap high reward writing quality type of ebook and marketing it exponentially, to meet high sales demand.

Last edited:

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Thanks for your write-up Mr sincerem. I am also a writer but not yet into A freelancing platform because I don't have all the requirement that is necessary for me to engage my skill as a full time freelancer, I believe it is possible for you to be paid upto $200 for submitting an articles like that but these are mainly for top writers who have been in the freelance system for a lot of years, writing is so competitive and people should not look for an opportunity to make money within a short period of time because this is not going to be possible.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Thanks for your write-up Mr sincerem. I am also a writer but not yet into A freelancing platform because I don't have all the requirement that is necessary for me to engage my skill as a full time freelancer, I believe it is possible for you to be paid upto $200 for submitting an articles like that but these are mainly for top writers who have been in the freelance system for a lot of years, writing is so competitive and people should not look for an opportunity to make money within a short period of time because this is not going to be possible.
I never really seen one making up to $200 from writing unless you're putting whole lots of work to write such for an employer, maybe writing up to 3,000 or above words for the client which covers historical events and other niches, with video attachments etc. I never written an article before that goes more than $3 per 500-700 words. If you're ready to go into freelancing you're open for it, you don't need extra kind of skill, your writing prowess can take you to that place and establish you as a professional writer.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I never really seen one making up to $200 from writing unless you're putting whole lots of work to write such for an employer, maybe writing up to 3,000 or above words for the client which covers historical events and other niches, with video attachments etc. I never written an article before that goes more than $3 per 500-700 words. If you're ready to go into freelancing you're open for it, you don't need extra kind of skill, your writing prowess can take you to that place and establish you as a professional writer.
There are a lot of writing contract outhere that can give you upto that, have even seen someone who was awarded a a writing contract that worth 250, he wrote an article for almost a month.. it may actually comes once in a while but it is possible, it all depends on your rating in most of these freelance platform that Will determine.. but I understand about freelancing is that it is possible for you to make up to $300 if you are really good in what you are doing.. people are making up to that but sometimes it mostly favour people from the top countries like USA and maybe the UK

A

Amanda11

I think that is very possible.

Victorial

I think the problem with writers like me is that we don't want to start from scratch. We want overnight success and when it doesn't happen, we give up thinking it is too difficult to be a successful writer and therefore, choose a new path. I have been there many times and I hated the feeling it gave.

I have worked with sites that do not pay me for my hard work but I was consistent. I earned more but it became so tiring as I wanted to earn more and move up the ladder. Creating E-books is not easy either but it is achievable.