Can you consider your self as been financially literate?

D

Deleted member 28873

been financially literate is entangled with money management.It is believed that when someone is financially litrate, he or she manages money properly,makes profitable investments,manages business properly and over all gets richer. These brought the saying that the rich are the most financially litrate people.The way a financially litrate person handles his finances are so great.There is a saying that the rich pay themselves first before settling other finances.I don't know much on this but i know that been financially literate doesn't involve been extravegent in spendings.if you want to learn about been financially literate I would recommend you reading "rich dad poor dad" by Robert kiyousaki.

marcusfe

I need to be realistic about thing here, I can say completely that I'm financially literate. If I'm to rate myself her I will give myself 45%, the reason is because I've not been able to manage huge amount of money, so I can't say that I'm financially literate with the little amount I'm managing. If many people are asked this kind of question they will say yes just because of the little business they are running you can only know your status better where you're faced with huge amount.

Khezo

I just love what the person above me have stated. Well if I'm to rate myself I would say 56% that's because have managed some huge amount of money before and as also lost some money to some factors. But I do believe any body can be financially literate or okay, it all depends on the person mindset and way if spending.

Hena101

Yeah because with the current knowledge i have about finance i can consider myself as being financial literate even though not 100 but will keep improving with time because i always look for more knowledge consistently on what i don't know about how to be financially free and whatever i learn i will Begin to put it into practice till it produces the required result. Therefore i can rate myself as being 50% financial literate

Hena101

Yeah because with the current knowledge i have about finance i can consider myself as being financial literate even though not 100 but will keep improving with time because i always look for more knowledge consistently on what i don't know about how to be financially free and whatever i learn i will Begin to put it into practice till it produces the required result. Therefore i can rate myself as being 50% financial literate

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I wouldn't really consider myself as being 100% financially literate. This is because there are some times that I will make money and of course I won't really spend it well. I have been working so hard on this to save money well and also to invest it wisely. last year for example I made reasonable amount of money but I couldn't to save well or even invest it wisely.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
To be financially literate means that you are capable of knowing diffrent ways of making yourself financially independent. I am financially literate because I have some information that can make me rich and be financially independent. Therefore, I can boldly say I am financially literate. And from the poster perspectives, I am a little bit good at managing money as well. I don't buy rungs except it is necessary.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Yes I can because I have undergone alot of financial training, and I make good use of finance. I have practical training of the power of financial and proper understanding of financial management. I can consider myself a financial literate on somany grounds. I also understand the time value of money. And all the intricacies that surrounds the use of fund.

Teatea

Yes, I'm financially literate, it may not be a perfect score though but I'm getting there gradually. I try to manage my time and money in the best way I can and I'm always cautious before committing to any investment, I make my research well and I invest in the legitimate ones.
I also try as much to save a percentage of my earnings so I spend less on things I don't need.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When it comes to money matters I was not adept in handling money because I used to be so generous to the people in my circle. But when I reached 40 that was the time that got me thinking. I would need money when I retire so I got smarter with my money. Now I feel financially independent with no debts, having our own home, our 2 cars and other assets that I can consider myself good when it comes to finances.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
been financially literate is entangled with money management.It is believed that when someone is financially litrate, he or she manages money properly,makes profitable investments,manages business properly and over all gets richer. These brought the saying that the rich are the most financially litrate people.The way a financially litrate person handles his finances are so great.There is a saying that the rich pay themselves first before settling other finances.I don't know much on this but i know that been financially literate doesn't involve been extravegent in spendings.if you want to learn about been financially literate I would recommend you reading "rich dad poor dad" by Robert kiyousaki.
To me for some body to be financial literate mean that one can manage his wealth or resource very well.
It isonly some body that is financially literate that will manage his /her resource very well in order to yeid more and enlarge the more. Withough being financially literate their will deffinately be an increase in wastage of resource. Any good manager must be financially inclined .