Can you make money by selling social media accounts?

Holicent

VIP Contributor
So many people have several social media accounts intentionally or not. Some decided not to use a particular account but to sell it off, some even abandon it. Well i see no reason you should sell your account or page that contains your information. But someone can offer you a very huge amount to sell a page or account you are already getting tired of as such person might have new idea to revive the page, you can sell it but make sure you don't have any details or that of your relative or credit account hanging there.

Mika

VIP Contributor
You can of course make money by selling social media accounts, I have seen a lot of people selling social media accounts. I have even seen google ads advertising social media accounts for sale. However, this is entirely against the terms of social media. Therefore, the person who buys social media accounts will always have a risk of losing his or her purchased social media account. However, as a seller there is no harm in trying to use this method. However, you need a lot of followers to sell accounts

Etini

Valued Contributor
I hope people know that selling social media accounts is just a once in a while thing because I believe some people would now start to create several social media accounts to hawk.

People mostly buy social media accounts that are very old because they need it to submit for a service that requires a social media account of like 2 years and older.

I know that a Facebook account can sell for as much as $5 to $10 depending on the age of the account and the engagement level. But I can't sell an account that I have built for 2 years for any reason.