Consider Purchasing Short Term Medical Insurance

Rena

short term medical insurance
Short term medical insurance is a type of health care insurance designed for individuals. Short term health insurance or short term, limited-activity insurance refers to medical insurance plans with a very limited time span, usually only several weeks to several months. These plans were originally geared toward those who require temporary health coverage in order to bridge the gap between more comprehensive long-term policies. They are often necessary when a person moves into a new home or has a baby. These short-term medical plans can be renewed periodically, depending on the individual's needs. There are many benefits associated with these health coverages that make them appealing to many consumers.

The most common benefit of short term medical insurance plans is the annual out-of-pocket premium that is required. Most plans require a minimum monthly premium payment, which is usually a flat rate fee for the entire year. However, there are several plans that allow the consumer to choose which month they wish their coverage begin. During this time, they will pay a lower monthly premium because the cost of any potential doctor visits is already covered. However, if a person wishes to visit a doctor within the policy coverage period, they will be responsible for the full cost of the doctor visits.

One popular benefit of short term medical insurance plans is that they provide instant coverage for pre-existing conditions. Typically, long term coverage plans do not cover pre-existing conditions. If an individual currently has a pre-existing condition, they may not be able to purchase coverage under a short term plan. In addition, if a pre-existing condition is discovered within the short term plan coverage period, the provider may have the ability to offer coverage for the pre-existing conditions through other sources.

Some people also like the fact that short term medical insurance plans are easily available online. In order to find a provider, they can simply search the internet and come up with hundreds of quotes. The quotes are often from well known and reputable medical insurance companies. Consumers can get all the important information they need for their short term health insurance plans from a single source.

In addition, short term health plans often offer a wider range of benefits and coverage than other health plans. These benefits include vision care, dental care, hearing aids, prescription drugs, hospital rooms, emergency rooms, and hospices. Additionally, short term health insurance companies often have better claims processing and financial services available on the health plans than other companies.

It is very easy for someone who is in good health to purchase short term medical insurance coverage. However, if a person's health takes a turn for the worse or they become seriously ill, they may want to consider purchasing coverage from another company. The short term coverage allows them to be covered until they are able to find alternative health care coverage. By shopping around, consumers will be able to find the coverage they need at the best price possible. They may even find a great deal on a high quality plan that they can afford and provide benefits that they never thought they would have to consider.​

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There is no doubt that short term health insurance is less costly easily available on some health insurance policy online. But I don't like this type of insurance personally. What if nothing happens to the health during the short period the health insurance is meant to covered. It will be like a waste of money.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
This is my first time learning about short term medical insurance plans. It sounds really great. I like that they are cheaper to pay for yet they cover so much. I also like that they are easily available such that you can search online and get one. Plus it's biggest benefit is that you can renew anytime according to your needs.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
There is no doubt that short term health insurance is less costly easily available on some health insurance policy online. But I don't like this type of insurance personally. What if nothing happens to the health during the short period the health insurance is meant to covered. It will be like a waste of money.
I think it's not still a waste of money , because there are some insurance company that offers free medical check up during that short period of time you insuring against such risk ,atleast the person would be able to know his health status during that particular period of time I think ,which is beneficial