What Factors Do You Consider Before Purchasing A Land?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Buying and selling land is one of the most popular kind of real estate business. Purchasing lands and selling it for a profit is a common kind of practice and it is very profitable to do so. Many people acquire lands and there are many kinds of mistakes they make while doing so. We shall discuss many such kind of factors that you must consider before you purchase lands. First of all, the location of the land is very important. This is because if you purchase a land in a really isolated area, then the chances are that it will not be beneficial.

If you purchase a land in a forest, then you cannot build properties over there and make profits until or unless that area is located at a place where many people pass by. If this is the case then you may build a hotel over there so that passers could stay there. The second factor you must consider is the overall development of the area where the land is situated. If the area is developing gradually, then the chances are that the price of your land will increase and you must acquire such land. What other factors do you need to consider before buying a land?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
You don't just buy lands for the sake of it. There are some factors to consider before this can be done. This will ensure maximazation of the land . The following are the factors to be considered:

The location does matter first while choosing lands. There is need to ensure that the land is chosen in the urban area rather than the rural area. The urban area is the most sought for when it comes to land purchase, this means that people will prefer buying from the urban area to rural area.

The slope otherwise known as topography should also be considered. Except in some few cases, flat lands are almost easily saleable compare to the ones that are slopy or gully.

There is still need to know the government future plans for the land. There are some lands that government have plans for. One may risk one land being seized if these kids of land are purchased.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
To be frank, I feel confused about my plan of buying land. My first choice is a big parcel of land at least 1 hectare in size. My other choice is a lot in our suburban town that is at least 250 square meters. The pricing of land here looks exorbitant to me. Even the land in the rural area seems to be highly priced in the market that I am stymied in my plan to buy. Although my wife and I had agreed that we wouldn't buy a property anymore because we have no legal heirs but I need to invest the money otherwise it will stagnate in the bank and the value will diminish. It is good if I can buy land because that is a safe investment. It is either land or lot only because I do not like to buy a property with a structure. I have my own home and I have no intention of living somewhere else.

Rachael

Verified member
Apparently, I have no purchased land at the moment but there are certain uncompromising factors I would take into keen consideration before purchasing a land. Real estate business is lucrative and profitable ad also has less risks attached but one has to be very careful because a little oversight that should have been taken into consideration can make you loose out on a property. Before purchasing a land, the first thing that would come to my mind as a topmost priority would be the location. The location of the land has to be situated either in a developed settlement or a sub-rural area where development is currently taking place and have access to the basic amenities like; water, electricity, access to good roads, access to networks, banks and hospitals. Also, I must ensure that the land that I intend to purchase is legal and not owned by the government to avoid sanctions and forfeiture. I must ensure that the location of the land is free from terrorism and insecurity threats and I would also ensure through a Surveyor that the environment is free from environmental mis-happenings or haphazard. In addition, for any land to be purchased, I must ensure that I verify and scrutinize the documents explicitly.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
We have to be very careful when we are interested to invest in lands because investing in land is the type of investment that requires a lot of money . if this is being done wrongly the possibility of Us losing our money will be very high that is why whenever I am interested to do this I have to be very careful and I also have to carry out a lot of research concerning the property first before I proceeds to invest.

Firstly the most important thing I'll consider it the location in which this property is located. if the location is secured enough I can possibly invest in the property but if the security of the location is not predictable I can't even invest in such because security is the most important thing when you are considering a residential location or business locations.

Then another thing I could possibly considered is the worth of the property , Sometimes they always said that when the offer is too good we should be very careful. We might even be at risk of getting into trouble when we buys properties that are extra ordinary cheap because such are not always the best.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Before purchasing anything in life one must put a lot in considerations, and when it comes to buying a land which is also considered to be an asset. The first question should be why do i need to buy a land? A land may not really serve any purpose on it own if the purpose at which you are buying the land is not clearly stated, then buying a land may not evidently become a blessing rather it may become a waste and a liability. There are some asset that may later become a liability if not wellmanaged or not used to the purpose at which they were suppose to be used for.

Now when one is going for a landed property one must consider it for the purpose of building an estate, or even building a business complex, these are things we can do with a lamd and make good money from the land. The beauty of land as an asset is that it keep appreciating and does not suffer depreciation over time as other accept may likely do.

One can aswel use it for farming purposes as this is one of the major things we make use of land for. And it is highly rewarding when we use of for farming purposes.

Kendy

Verified member
I consider many factors before making a purchase for a land. However, I have not yet purchased a land of my own but I know many considerable factors that should be first put in place. The location of the land is very important. The location of a buying a potential land would determine what the land could be used for, and how profitable it would be. Purchasing of a land in a residential area would invariably mean that the land venture would be more profitable if you building it and rent it out to tenants. Again, purchasing of lands in the rural area, where agriculture is the prevalent dominant occupation would also mean that the land would be profitable if utilized for agriculture activities. Still concerning the location, an environment which is filled with high level of insecurity and environmental haphazards would not be habitable to be a residential area and might likely not be profitable for farming activities.

Secondly, I would put into consideration the accessibility of the land to basic and infrastructural activities like; banks, hospitals, markets, school, churches and some recreational centres. The location must be developing or have a potential for subsequent development. Lastly, I must ascertain the topography of the land.

Shigobad2020

Though currently , i am not planning to purchase a land at the moment but when considering the factors you need in purchasing a land .
First you need to consider the location aspect because location matters a lot in the buying and selling of land properties , and also the need for the land also goes with the location , if you need money urgently to continue your business , then you need to buy the land in an urban area settlement to get a good price on the land when selling or you can buy in a remote area and leave it to develop before selling it.

And if the land you are buying is for building aspect , then you first have to consider the choices of the area you will like to build on before buying the land . But if its for a real estate business , then you must buy the land in the urban settlement .