Customer service might be obsolete for some businesses

Mika

VIP Contributor
Customer services are very important for the business. By providing customer services businesses are offering after-sale services or trying to pitch their products to potential customers. Customer services are also ways to connect with the customers, hear their feedback, and spot problems in your business if any.

However, for some businesses customer services might be completely obsolete. Here are some of the reasons.

If the business has published a lot of knowledgebase articles, customers can solve their own problems.

If the business offers the best product or service, customers may not need any further assistance.

I will share my own experience. I am namecheap customer for 15 months. I have never asked for their assistance. They have the best products, which do not actually require any after-sale service. They also have a lot of how-to articles published that clearly explain what to do when a problem arises.

Its good to acknowledge the benefits of dealing on quality products, and providing the best services to your customers. When a company or business meets up this requirements then it is not necessary to always receive queries from customers concerning their downtime with the services you offer, or the product you offer. Since you're always serving them well.

Sometimes, some big Businesses do not have an active customer service online and this has affected their reviews and rating on so many websites. there was a problem I had with one top payment company sometime ago and I wasn't even able to reach their customer service after so many trials. This made me to stop using their services totally because they seem like ghosts.

That would be bad of any business that won't want to have customer service as most people won't be happy with them. There are people who cannot read, or are not ready to take their time to read the how-to articles on the site of any business. So these individuals would have to be considered before such a decision is taken.

Customer services are very important for the business. By providing customer services businesses are offering after-sale services or trying to pitch their products to potential customers. Customer services are also ways to connect with the customers, hear their feedback, and spot problems in your business if any.

However, for some businesses customer services might be completely obsolete. Here are some of the reasons.

If the business has published a lot of knowledgebase articles, customers can solve their own problems.

If the business offers the best product or service, customers may not need any further assistance.

I will share my own experience. I am namecheap customer for 15 months. I have never asked for their assistance. They have the best products, which do not actually require any after-sale service. They also have a lot of how-to articles published that clearly explain what to do when a problem arises.
You really gave a good thought to this but I think it wouldn't be but rather they will be a reduction in the number of people employed for the service. Customer service is one area that don't need to go obsolete for the health of a business. People will still have some questions for the business

You know, I have a phobia with the term Customer Service because usually there is only the customer and the service is not really good at all. Whenever I would call Customer Service of Ford for the preventive maintenance of our car, I would be given the runaround before I get a schedule. In their office I also have to wait for 30 minutes or longer before I get a service.

I don't subscribe to that opinion. Customers service will always be needed no matter how many articles on their database. At times, there may be need for customers to rate how he's feeling about particular goods, this is purely the job of a customer service relation. I have never seen a big company without a section for customer relation to show how important it is.

You really gave a good thought to this but I think it wouldn't be but rather they will be a reduction in the number of people employed for the service. Customer service is one area that don't need to go obsolete for the health of a business. People will still have some questions for the business
That is the real thing here. No way a company can exist successfully without having a functional customer care service and it is not going to make sense at all. There have been several times when I used the social media platforms of some companies to chat them and understand what is happening to my account. Their relevance can never be over emphasised.

Customer service is always necessary no matter what you are selling. I sell digital marketing services. I not only market products and services for my clients but also design ads and other stuffs (flyers, posters, etc.). If I do not provide customer services, I will start losing my customers. Customer service is necessary.