Investment Despite regulatory uncertainty, India's crypto investment surges 19,900% in the past year

sincerem

VIP Contributor
INDIA'S CRYPTO INVESTMENT SURGES TO 19,900% IN THE PAST ONE YEAR!

Despite the attempts of recent crack down through Indian lawmakers surfacing, the Indian investors have seen close to $40 billion investment around Cryptocurrency in the past one year.

The lawmakers, have caused regulatory uncertainty around the citizens investment around digital coins. Despite the challenges, uncertainties caused towards their involvement investing around crypto, it never stopped their investment around digital assets. It has overseen roughly 19,900% increase in the past one year.

According to information gathered from blockchain analytics firm 'Chanalysis reported that total investment around crypto grew from $200 million to $40 billion in the past one year in india. With 15 million Indians being involved around crypto investment.

The Indian supreme court's March 2020 decision to overturn the Reserve bank of india's (RBI) ban on financial institutions providing banking services to firms that operates with digital coins. Have really yielded positivity towards India's high surge in crypto investment in the past one year. Making more citizens to get inline with crypto instead of investing on Gold. They find it easier to invest in crypto than Gold. Buying crypto is simple as ABC, they go online, create wallet account and buy directly with debit or credit card, P2P etc. But in Gold you need some review to ascertain real Gold.

Last edited:

arunima25

Verified member
Yes, the future of crypto currency is hanging in India and nothing is certain. I know many Indians on various forums who are into crypto currency. So definitely there is a huge investment from Indians there in the market. Gold still exists as a major investment for Indians. But yes, now people are getting into crypto currency investment too as it is convenient for many and one can start with little investment.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Yes, the future of crypto currency is hanging in India and nothing is certain. I know many Indians on various forums who are into crypto currency. So definitely there is a huge investment from Indians there in the market. Gold still exists as a major investment for Indians. But yes, now people are getting into crypto currency investment too as it is convenient for many and one can start with little investment.
You spoke as an Indian, are you from there?? No doubt, indian citizens are very much into BTC and other crypto investment. No wonder supreme court of india came to the rescue when lawmakers tried to crack down the crypto investment in the country due to their disbelief about its potential. But the supreme court saw the benefits in the other way round and lifted the ban made by RBI.

arunima25

Verified member
You spoke as an Indian, are you from there?? No doubt, indian citizens are very much into BTC and other crypto investment. No wonder supreme court of india came to the rescue when lawmakers tried to crack down the crypto investment in the country due to their disbelief about its potential. But the supreme court saw the benefits in the other way round and lifted the ban made by RBI.
Yes, I am an Indian but I am not into crypto currency in any way. Supreme court had lifted the ban. But still the law makers and government has not made any clear cut guidelines and laws around it and that leaves many things in uncertainty. It's very true that many Indians are there into crypto despite of the fact that the fate is still hanging around. And many have made good profit there.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Yes, I am an Indian but I am not into crypto currency in any way. Supreme court had lifted the ban. But still the law makers and government has not made any clear cut guidelines and laws around it and that leaves many things in uncertainty. It's very true that many Indians are there into crypto despite of the fact that the fate is still hanging around. And many have made good profit there.
Very good you've satisfied my thoughts, confirming yourself as an indian. Most of indian citizens who are into Cryptocurrency investment believes the future is bright that's why they're persistently trading crypto, hoping that uncertainty will waned off, and the country's crypto involvement will surge high. Since you aren't into crypto, i believe you're into forex.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
till the law makers and government has not made any clear cut guidelines and laws around it and that leaves many things in uncertainty.
This is not very important to avoid cryptocurrency, government can make regulations but cannot control blockchain; last time when minister Anurag Thakur was asked a question in the parliament about blockchain, his answer was 'we don't know'. Now there is another rumor that Govt may accept Bitcoin to help reach the $5 trillion Economic goal.​

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
think there was a time there was rumour that there would possibly be a ban on crypto currency by India but i was glad such didnt happen at the end , since the measures put in place actually came out positive when the finance minister assure them that there wont be any ban , but i hope they finally make crypto a legal tender to attract more india users

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
That is one of the issues that I see against crypto - the rumors are always there. But in fairness to rumors it can spark a hype for traders to be buying a particularly crypto as like what happened before. Anyway, I have no facts to show but I am basing my comment on what I have been reading in forums.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
There is no doubt that cryptocurrency has actually come to stay and evident is that a whole lot of people are investing heavily on it even when the government try to stop search because they perceive it is affecting their economy in one way or the other. India is actually one of the largest countries on Earth and the fact that a whole lot of people is investing in cryptocurrency is a very good development for cryptocurrency holders generally.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
think there was a time there was rumour that there would possibly be a ban on crypto currency by India but i was glad such didnt happen at the end , since the measures put in place actually came out positive when the finance minister assure them that there wont be any ban , but i hope they finally make crypto a legal tender to attract more india users
I think it's just an attempt to ban it there but I don't think it can be ban. India is among the top countries that uses Bitcoin the most. Countries are following China's footstep by banning it. If we have another Bitcoin ban now from another country it will further causes bear run. But if they ban it there, p2p will take over.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Unlike china's where the government's decision is final, in India government's decision can be challenged in court. That's what happened with India's ban on cryptocurrency. That's why people have trust in crypto currency because the government cannot really bn crypto currency, and the business is booming.

Josemendez

Verified member
Indeed India at first showed cold hands to cryptocurrency investment which was not acceptable to their citizens ,but as time goes on , the government started releasing their strict regulations on cryptocurrency which opens the door for many Indians to invest in cryptocurrency and as it stands now , the government have no other option than to find way to regulate it instead of another Ban