Diabetes is depriving the patient of nice food

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I am always aware of diabetes because it runs in our blood. My father and his mother and up to his grandmother were all diabetics. Doctors would always say that diabetes is a disease that can be controlled with diet and exercise. I agree to that. It is like saying that those who became debilitated by diabetes have no willpower.

Most of the diabetics I know have no problem with exercise. My wife’s brother bought a treadmill that he uses every morning. He looks good with that exercise. However, he always loses control with food especially when the food is one of his favorites. When his wife would call his attention on the quantity of food on his plate he would complain that he was always being deprived of good food. I think that statement is true but a diabetic should understand that deprivation is his passport to a longer life.

Mika

VIP Contributor
When you have type 1 diabetes, you will have to avoid sugary foods. If you have sweet tooth, you will be in trouble. You will have to sacrifice your happiness for the sake of health. Sometimes you even try to think what's the point of living a healthy life if you are not happy. However, you can try eating small portions so that food does not harm you much.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
That's the consequences of eating enough sugar. When it is advised to reduce the habit of taking enough sugary foods, they never adhered to that. Instead they drink it like water, so the side effect of it is diabetes. In order to control it, will be avoiding sugary foods, which is dangerous to the body system.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When you have type 1 diabetes, you will have to avoid sugary foods. If you have sweet tooth, you will be in trouble. You will have to sacrifice your happiness for the sake of health. Sometimes you even try to think what's the point of living a healthy life if you are not happy. However, you can try eating small portions so that food does not harm you much.
I have learned just lately that depression is the tendency of diabetics because of the feeling of being deprived. It is not only the type of food to eat but also the volume and the frequency. My wife is complaining that her taste buds are revolting against the crackers which is the prescribed snack to appease hunger. But in due time I know that she will get used to the new lifestyle.