Did PayPal Ever Freeze Your Account?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
PayPal is a kind of payment processor that is considered the strictest of all the payment processors. I do not think that people worry so much about getting their accounts closed when it comes to other payment processors, but when it comes to PayPal, people worry a lot. I think this is because PayPal does not allow people to create multiple accounts and this is not the case with other payment processors. I remember having two Perfect Money accounts and Perfect Money allows that. People could get their PayPal accounts closed for various reasons.

Some of those reasons include trying to access their PayPal accounts when they travel to some different location where PayPal is not operational or for some sort of suspicious transactions. PayPal could also close or freeze your account if you have many disputes going on with different merchants. There could be other reasons as well for why PayPal can freeze your account. Some of them also include sending fake verification documents that could not be verified by the PayPal team, using PayPal account for illegal purposes, using PayPal for money laundering, etc. So, have you got your PayPal account closed or frozen? How did you unfreeze it?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Though I don't use PayPal for many reasons but the major one is that it is not available for usage in my country. But I do hear different people complaining of freezing of account by PayPal. This is to show that PayPal had zero tolerance to anything that looks suspicious on their platform. They do close account or freeze it when a user contravenes their rules and regulations. Multiple accounts managing, receiving more than stipulated money and when there is a complaint from buyers in the case of business account. Aside these, the other reasons for freezing and closure may be trivial and easy to sort out.

Caramelle

I haven't had my PayPal account frozen, but I have experienced being required to submit identification documents, including current bills for utilities. Initially, I have tried to ignore the requests but after 3 months of sending requests, I logged in and opened a message from them telling me to upload a government ID with a photo along with a utility bill or else, I won't be able to use my PayPal account anymore. I found the letter unsettling, and I wasn't too comfortable uploading an identification online. I also realized that I used a fictitious birthdate which is one of my ways to protect my personal information. However, maintaining my PayPal account is very important to me because it is the only payment processor supported by my top online earning site. I had no choice but to submit a scanned copy of my passport and electricity bill and also to edit my birthdate information.

I did some research before finally submitting those documents and I got mixed reactions. Some had decided to close their Paypal account when they were asked for those documents. I didn't have that luxury so I decided to go along with those who submitted their documents with no issues at all. After submitting, my account was restored to its normal status and I was able to withdraw and receive money as usual. Overall, I didn't think the request for documents was unusual as banks do that as well if you're opening a savings account with them.​

Finger Geek

Verified member
Though I don't use PayPal for many reasons but the major one is that it is not available for usage in my country. But I do hear different people complaining of freezing of account by PayPal. This is to show that PayPal had zero tolerance to anything that looks suspicious on their platform. They do close account or freeze it when a user contravenes their rules and regulations. Multiple accounts managing, receiving more than stipulated money and when there is a complaint from buyers in the case of business account. Aside these, the other reasons for freezing and closure may be trivial and easy to sort out.
I have had more than 4 PayPal accounts and all have been freezed except one that have not been freezed. Two two out of the account has fund in them.
My last suspended PayPal account was freezed not up to 2 hours that I registered it and I received fund in it. That, I don't know what I did wrong that made them freeze the account.
Though PayPal is not accepted in my country and I used some other way to verify the account. But there are some members that are in accepted country and at the same time get there account suspended.
There are many payment processor out there that can replace PayPal like payeer which are doing good and also have many functions than PayPal. Like trading cryptocurrency and ability to send to other payment methods like perfect Money and astropay.
I have been using payeer for more than 2 years now and I have never heard of complains from other users. The problem is that not much websites and companies have them as there payment processor.
With the way PayPal are freezing account I would say that they are trying to steal from users using there rules and regulations as excuses.

Dora Wi

Luckily I've never had my PayPal account frozen - although I don't use it very frequently, either. I've heard about it requiring identity verification in some locations, but I don't think it's unusual either - like you said, banks require verification too, as well as many financial apps such as cryptocurrency exchanges.