Difference between Saving and investment?

Chommyluv

Savings is quite different from investment. You save money when you are not ready to use it at a particular moment. When you save money for as long as possible you come back to meet the exact amount without any increment but when you invest your money you have a good and assurance of having returns over your investment. In a clear term, I will say, investment can make your money increase while savings only keep your money for future use.

Syldan

Joint bank accounts are easy to use because either spouse can access the money at any time to make payments. Even though both of your names are on the account, you don't need written permission from your spouse to access the account. This can be particularly helpful if one spouse is unreachable.

Syldan

Saving is putting aside money to reach your goals. Investing is putting your money into something specific with the expectation that its value will grow over time, providing you with the opportunity to create more wealth.

Hena101

Saving and investment are two different thing that both have their advantage. Saving is keeping money either in a bank or any platform that is created to save money where it grow with time and get it whenever you're in need of it. While investment is putting your money into work and get it multiply with time and get it multiply with time because of the kind

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I understand vividly that saving and investment are entirely different. But I understand the concept of saving the poster was trying to explain. If we don't save in bank as an investment, then where do we save as an investment. Any other saving done outside the bank is not even an investment because it is easy to spend money that's not saved in banks compare to the save in the banks.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Yeah it quite obvious that savings is just a process of adding up wealth or storing up worth mostly in terms of cash, over a period of time to achieve a certain purpose or project. But it is very obvious savings cannot grow on it own without the help of investment. So on the basis of the fact that savings depends on investment, I will conclude that investment is more better.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I agree that the basic difference of saving and investing is the risk factor and the profit. If you do not want to risk your money then just save it in the bank like what I do. We have more than $10,000 just resting in the bank and waiting for more funds before we can invest in real estate. It is risky to be trading stocks for we can lose money there.

Georgeadawara

Difference between savings investing there are clear the savings is the act of keeping some amount of money for a specific factors . Savings has no interest at all is just to keep it in a bank with out having any interest on it. But that of investing you deposits a money that you will be getting some percentage out of it and the can Increase your money. So it is good to invest than to save it for no reason.

Queentener

There is a popular saying that "Investments make you rich, while savings make you poor", this is absolutely false, the thing is "Saving is an Investment, but an investment isn’t saving.” and I am not talking about saving in your regular banks oh because saving in banks in this day and age will make you lose a chunk of your money in and charges and account maintenance charges, you all know how it goes now.
Savings helps you make money while investing MIGHT help you build wealth.

The basic difference between Savings and Investment is just the Profit margin and risk factor.
Savings = Zero Risk investments + Low-profit margin.
Investing = High Risk + High-Profit margin,

"This simply means that Savings can be called investments, but investments cannot be called savings"
Savings and Investments are two different things, savings is keeping money you're not in need of for a later time, while investment is putting money into something, (let's say real estate) that will yield profit later on. savings can be taken anytime you need money to be used, but investment you have to wait for a period of time for it to yield and give you the profit. they are both good and they have their own advantages and disadvantages.

Shigobad2020

There is a popular saying that "Investments make you rich, while savings make you poor", this is absolutely false, the thing is "Saving is an Investment, but an investment isn’t saving.” and I am not talking about saving in your regular banks oh because saving in banks in this day and age will make you lose a chunk of your money in and charges and account maintenance charges, you all know how it goes now.
Savings helps you make money while investing MIGHT help you build wealth.

The basic difference between Savings and Investment is just the Profit margin and risk factor.
Savings = Zero Risk investments + Low-profit margin.
Investing = High Risk + High-Profit margin,

"This simply means that Savings can be called investments, but investments cannot be called savings"

Rachelgold

Investment is different from saving because in investment at the end of the day you can either end up in losses or gains. It is of higher risk than saving while in saving your money remains intact, you meet it the way you left it

Georgeadawara

Difference between savings investing there are clear the savings is the act of keeping some amount of money for a specific factors . Savings has no interest at all is just to keep it in a bank with out having any interest on it. But that of investing you deposits a money that you will be getting some percentage out of it and the can Increase your money. So it is good to invest than to save it for no reason.

Georgeadawara

Teatea

Savings is not an investment, and people say "savings makes one poor" because when you put some money away in savings, it doesn't grow or increase and when you start spending from it, it keeps reducing till you exhaust all. But investment does not work this way, if you invest your money in the right places, you won't run out of money even if you keep spending because return on the investment keeps coming in.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
The word saving mean to save the unspent money after all the necessary expenses had been taken care of.
Before one can save the necessary adjustment must have been taken care of.
In other hand investment is the money one invest in buying a goods or services to re-sale in future in other to earn more money on it.

Savings simply means keeping money for incase of emergency or to solve problems at hand while investment involves taking risk in some sot of business, real estate, cryptocurrency in order to get continues profit. I believe investment is for getting income while savings is not for profit bit to be used when needed

Janiya

there is a huge difference between savings and investment just taken example I want to start business and I don't have sufficient amount of money like I am not having capital but I am proper plan to start and what to produce from my business somebody came to me e and ask me that I will give you money and you have to give me the return on monthly basis like a profit so I will invest his money in my business and whatever the profit is coming to me from my production I will house of the money e half I will give to the investor and half I will take to myself but I ate and I have to return his investment complete money along with the profit on monthly basis so this is called investment which makes a person rich and he is in profit same if I talk about I have money but I don't want to invest anywhere I have to take it myself so I will obviously save it in the bank or in my locker but this will not grow the money will not grow himself it will be the same as I kept it my locker so this is the difference between investment and savings.

Briangsam

Saving is just an act of stacking up funds, saved most times in the bank while investment is an act of putting your money on a business or any other thing while expecting to make profit off it over time. Just saving as a business man or entrepreneurs is not the smartest thing to do. Inflation for example could affect the saved funds which will lead to devaluation of the funds saved.