Displaying products on sidewalk fronting the store.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In the streets of Manila it is common to see the products displayed on a table in front of the store. The sellers say that passersby usually do not enter their store so they display the products outside so the people can see it. They get good sales for that. There was a time that the authorities prohibited such tables outside the store and their sales dropped considerably.

The concept of external display of the products is similar to the “point of sale” which is a spot in the store where the customers will go before exiting. In the external display the potential customer can see the product instantly. If you have heard of the sidewalk vendors they are very common in the avenues of Manila and their style of selling is just on the sidewalk. It is illegal though but they can bribe the authorities.

Mika

VIP Contributor
In my home country, shop owners are not allowed to display their properties on the sidewalks. Sidewalks are public property and businesses are not allowed to use sidewalks, but sadly this goes unchecked as almost all shops display products on the sidewalks. Normally, I do not buy the products displayed on the sidewalks

sincerem

VIP Contributor
That system.have been working for long everywhere around the world. Sampling. The products in the roadside, or closer to our home which is shifted out to where eyes will see it. For those who doesn't have store it works for them that way, but the profits we'll be making from it in terms of sales will be limited.

Setho

VIP Contributor
This is something that is very popular here in my country for sellers to try to sample their products from passerbuys. This is going to actually give the audience a clue about what the person is selling in his shop and what you are going to expect to meet if you will want to make a purchase.