Do Cold Shower Have Any Benefits For Health?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Showering is something that we all do. We clean ourselves and maintain our hygiene by having a bath daily. Nowadays it is winter season and this is hwy many people would prefer to bath with warm water, as many people think that having a bath with cold water might be bad for you and this may be true. However, there might be some befits of cold showers when the weather conditions are right for you. Some studies have suggested that cold showers could be good for your mental health, as certain neurotransmitters such as endorphins are released in your brain when you have cold showers. Some studies have also showed that cold showers could prevent tumor-causing cancerous cells in the body, but more studies might be needed to see if this is really the case.

I believe that cold showers might have some benefits related to health, but it entirely depends on the health conditions of each individual. In some cases, cold showers could actually be bad for you and you must seek doctor's advice before having cold showers. However, healthy, young adults can have cold showers and enjoy health benefits. So, do you think that cold showers could be good for you?

Despite I have good health, cold shower is not adapt to my body system,since when I was young my parents used to shower for us with warm water that is why I have used to the system when I was old,so I prefer to use warm water than to use cold water.

I grew up in North India and the temperatures are extreme there. It used to be freezing in winters. But my skin could not tolerate warm water and would develop rashes. So, I took normal temperature water for bathing and my body got used to it. Tap water in winter used to be freezing and I would just add some hot water till it was regular temperature that could be tolerated. Even lukewarm water causes rashes and dryness to me. Now I have shifted to a place where the weather is pleasant throughout the year and regular temperature water is good for me.
Cold water can only be used if you are comfortable with it and it would depend on the weather. Cold shower in freezing temperatures would not be suitable but definitely a cold shower in summers is good for making you feel fresh.