Do You Benefit From Being Workaholic?

Mika

VIP Contributor
Do you work a lot? If you work more than 8 hours a day and 40 hours a week, you might be a workaholic. Workaholic is someone who is addicted to working, just like an alcoholic is addicted to drinking. They always work and feel bad when they're not working, just like an alcoholic feels sick when they don't drink. If you look at how productive people are, you will see that they need a balance between working hard and having fun. To be successful, you need to be disciplined, and you can learn discipline by balancing your work and your free time. If you enjoy your personal life and do things you love, you'll actually be better at your job. It's not about working more; it's about working smarter and enjoying life outside of work.

Etini

Valued Contributor
For some people really, it is not because they want to overwork, it is just that it they need to stretch to meet up with financial needs and obligations. The burnout that comes thereafter can be life threatening. I was in that shoe some years back. I would finish teaching in the high school and from there proceed to take private lessons with two different children. From there, I would move in to take special preparatory class. It happens to almost all of us when we are just starting out to make money. But we grow and overcome such. Balance is the key though.