Do you have what it takes to become an entrepreneur?

Mika

VIP Contributor
A lot of people want to do business and become an entrepreneur because it gives them financial freedom, they can become their own boss, and they can become rich. It is easier said than done. Becoming successful with your business venture and becoming an entrepreneur does not happen easily.

Maybe you are already in the business line and want to become an entrepreneur. Do you have what it takes to become an entrepreneur?

You do not become an entrepreneur just because you have decided. Becoming an entrepreneur involves a lot of things. The first requirement is you need to have the knowledge, not general knowledge but specialization in various topics. Secondly, you need skills. Without skills, you cannot do anything.

Even if you have everything that is required to become an entrepreneur, it may take many years. Interestingly, some people succeed in a short time. Perhaps, you also need a little bit of luck to become a successful entrepreneur.

Last edited:

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have been an entrepreneur twice simply because I have decided. Of course, I did my homework by studying the business before the start up. Even if I didn't have a formal business plan but I was armed with the knowledge particularly the operation of the business. My first business was a flop but the 2nd was moderately successful.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Without skills, you cannot progress not just in entrepreneurship but in life as a whole. And then there is a need for money. Entrepreneurship involves things like investment, finance, and business, and you need money for these purposes. Last but not the least, you need to be innovative, creative, a dreamer, and a hard worker.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Being an entrepreneur is not about having the money which is the capital to start up a business. There are some people with money eve more than enough but because they lack entrepreneurial skill, they have lost their money. One needs to know more about the area that one wants to start business in.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Entrepreneurship has more to do with mindset than financial ability. Well, entrepreneurs are the people who have businesses and a lot of stakes in companies, but in order to reach that position, they did not start with a lot of money. They knew how to start even when you don't have money.

Skysaint

Verified member
I certainly don't think so as am still a student and don't have the time to engage in such business or even any offline business as a matter of fact. Secondly is that the type of entrepreneurship business I do want to venture into require lots of startup capital which I don't seem to have at the very moment. So basically, I don't have what it takes to be an entrepreneur

Chibson

VIP Contributor
enterpreneurship is not easy and anyone who really wants to go into that part must have the ability and knowledge of how to become very successful on it. A lot of people who think that it is an easy way to be successful but the opposite is the case. you need to persevere and be patient enough and also be focused in order to be successful.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Not yet and still in the process , because entrepreneurship is not actually a day job , it requires so much skills to make perfection and be able to control the factors of productions , like manigeriq skills , marketing skills and so many more , it's really broad too .

Good luck

Verified member
To be a good entrepreneur,you need to have a very good managerial skills and experience.you need to be more focus in terms of business administration and every other related issues that has to do with entrepreneurship.It requires intelligence and full dedication to be able to be a good and vibrant manager or personnel in entrepreneur and some ideas of trading is very essential.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
To be a good entrepreneur,you need to have a very good managerial skills and experience.you need to be more focus in terms of business administration and every other related issues that has to do with entrepreneurship.It requires intelligence and full dedication to be able to be a good and vibrant manager or personnel in entrepreneur and some ideas of trading is very essential.
Yeah it's never a simple thing and I think it actually involves more determination and optimism , because many are striving to work as an entrepreneur but failed to do that effectively since they lack the focus and ideas that would make them acheive their aims and goals , it also require many skills too and goals

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Becoming an entrepreneur truly requires more than just having the need for financial freedom. You should also have a passion, skills and knowledge in whichever entrepreneurship opportunities you are getting into. So take your time to learn first and gain all the skills you need. Also learn how to run a business and everything that is meant to make it successful.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Many people have tried but failed to become a successful entrepreneur even with financial buoyancy. This is to show that entrepreneurship is not about the capital that one has but how to manage the capital and the people that may be working with in the process of production. There must be also skill management as well.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I am not an entrepreneur. I am a marketer, I have marketing business, but I am not an entrepreneur. Entrepreneur or a business man/woman is a big word for me. I would like to call myself self-employed individual. I don't have a desire to become an entrepreneur but I would like to see my work excel.

Setho

VIP Contributor
Entreprenuership skills is mostly a combination of so many skills that you are going to combine in order to help you to be successful in the business. I think that presently I am ready to start my journey as an I entrepreneur because I know a lot of things about money and also how to interact with customers. There is also a lot of skills that basically I would like to learn such as operating a computer and also how to run social media advertisements. I have enroll for online courses to ensure that I learn this things Early .

E

eldavis

Someone once said not everyone is ment to start a business of their own. Being an entrepreneur is not just about owning a business, you need to be mentally prepared as well to build the business even when things are not going well. It takes courage, commitment, determination and consistency.

Mika

VIP Contributor
It is true that being an entrepreneur is not only about having a business, it is about what you are doing and how you are doing. You need to be an innovator, you need to be a leader, you need to have new ideas, and you are not just concerned about making money but a lot of things including building a large business that will provide employment opportunities to a lot of people as well as prove to be valuable asset to the community.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I have a business, I sell services, mainly digital marketing services, influencer marketing to be precise. I also digital products such as ebooks, digital art, social media templates, etc. However, just because I have a business and I make money from my business does not mean I am an entrepreneur. Being an entrepreneur is not all about owning a business and generating revenue from business.