Do You Think That "Buy Two Get One Free" Offer Works?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Discounts on purchase of products is a very common way to do marketing. There are many companies that offer Buy 2 get one free kind of offers on their products. I do remember purchasing ketchup in supermarket and they wrapped a source on the packet of ketchup. I do think it is a good marketing strategy but it also comes with a heavy price for the company. The company has to offer free products and this might cost them a lot of money because they are giving a product for free. What if the sale does not increase despite offering buy two get one free offer? So I think it is a risky kind of marketing because many customers are still reluctant to buy products. Most Customers prefer quality products and they are willing to pay a good amount of money. So do you think that But two get one free offer really works?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There are many ways business man used in order to make sure they have enough buyers for their goods and services. The method you highlighted is one but I do warn people not to embark on the method except there is enough gain in the business. A starter or just growing business owner may fail if he adopts this method.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
For sure that kind of sales promotion that a customer buys 2 pieces would get another piece for free never fails except for some products. It is a joke here that if your business is selling coffin no one will rush to avail of the discount. Seriously, I always check such discounts and if true we always buy like the soap and sometimes food stuff like sugar.

Setho

VIP Contributor
This is actually a marketing and advertising techniques that has worked for a long period of time. Normally this companies normally try to make it in such a way that the products are people are vying for is limited so that they will always see an influx of people that are willing to buy so they will make a lot of sales in a short time.