Do You Think That Eating Unhealthy Foods Is Worse For Your Health Than Smoking Cigarettes?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
There are many people who believe that smoking is bad for our health. The fact of the matter is that indeed smoking is bad for our health. However, we have been discussing about many things that might be more threatening to your health than the habit of smoking and I really hope that you guys are finding my posts interesting. Smoking might be bad for your but it seems that according to a research that was reported in a scientific journal known as Lancet Medical Journal, it has been proved that eating unhealthy foods is actually worse than smoking. However, I do have some reservations about accepting this study. The fact of the matter is that smoking causes irreversible damage to your body whereas damaged caused by eating unhealthy foods can be reversed if you start eating healthy foods, so what do you have to say?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
You have said it all in ur conclusion. I watched a video of recent of a smoker that was undergoing a surgery and his body was operated on. When I saw his intestine and liver, it has been darkened. I don't think eating unhealthy can be as dangerous as that. While we need to mind what we eat, we need to abstain from smoking.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
As for me I think both eaten unhealthy food and smoking cigarette are dangerous to the body because both of them can cause diseases and eventually lead to the death of some one. My advise is that one should live in a clean environment eat good food and stay away from smoking cigarette.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
You have said it all in ur conclusion. I watched a video of recent of a smoker that was undergoing a surgery and his body was operated on. When I saw his intestine and liver, it has been darkened. I don't think eating unhealthy can be as dangerous as that. While we need to mind what we eat, we need to abstain from smoking.

I also do not completely agree with the study but I do agree with them partially. Eating unhealthy foods may not cause damage to your organs apparently just like smoking does, however, I do think that the unhealthy effects of consuming bad food are not visible as smoking's effects on body. Unlike smoking, food might not darken your organs, but it still can damage your organs.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I also do not completely agree with the study but I do agree with them partially. Eating unhealthy foods may not cause damage to your organs apparently just like smoking does, however, I do think that the unhealthy effects of consuming bad food are not visible as smoking's effects on body. Unlike smoking, food might not darken your organs, but it still can damage your organs.
What are unhealthy food? Uncooked food, unripe fruits and the likes. The fact is that those foods are not even appealing neither do they salivate the stomach. So it will be very difficult for people to engage in unhealthy foods like they will engage in smoking. It takes somone with out options to be eaten unhealthy food.

A K Rao

Smoking and having the unhealthy foods both are having the adverse effects of their own. While the cigarette smoking can lead to many diseases or ailments pertaining to the lungs and heart the having unhealthy food like junk food, lots of sugar in the food and lot of saturated fats in the food can increase the body weight, which can lead to many ailments pertaining to the heart and other things like it can lead to diabetes. So one has to be careful with both the things.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Anyone engaging into eating unhealthy foods is simply endangering the health. Good nutrition means better healthy life. You can't eat junk food all the time, and you expect your health to improve. If you want to improve your health, feed on those rich nutritional valued foods that has the complete balance diet to nourish our skin, and glow it.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I agree that there are conclusive studies about smoking that is bad for the health. With bad foods that can increase the bad cholesterol level can also contribute to health issues and even to an early death. However, there are exceptions which I think to just let the person enjoy his live with the bad food or with smoking and even drinking. You are not sure to reach 100 years even if you do not smoke and you are a vegan.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
The two options here are not really healthy for anyone. Unhealthy diet is equivalent to smoking because the two are dangerous to the body. Smoking comes with cancer same with unhealthy diets so there is no difference for me. The only way to stay healthy is to eat healthy food

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Even though both of them are dangerous to the body but I believe smoking can put people at risk of developing lung cancer. This will be dangerous to the body as it might be very difficult to treat especially at the late stage. Eating of unhealthy food can affect the body negatively and can also link to lot of disease and infection. I believe both of them are the same.