Do You Think That It Is A Good Idea To Confront The Bully In Workplace?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Our workplace is a place where we all work because we all need to make money in order to live our life and feed ourselves along with our families. Unfortunately, not all the people have good experiences where they work. We all know that many employees could get bullied at their work by their boss. However, some times this bullying could also come from people who work with you in the same business organization. There are many employees who simply tolerate getting bullied at work and do nothing about it and this only makes problems worse. If I were bullied at work, I would take various steps to stop such kind of behavior and confront such kind of people who mess with me and tell them to stop.

If they do not stop, then I would tell the boss and discuss this problem with him. I think that such kind of problems should be handled wisely without involving violence because violence and getting involved in a fight is not the solution of the problem. I know that there are many people who tend to leave jobs because they get bullied by their co-workers at work. However, I would also like to know what is your perspective regarding this problem? How would you deal with such kind of irritation people whom you face daily , unfortunately?

D

Deleted member 28127

Sometimes there is the luck of clients and customers where you still consecutive months with expenses more than revenues that obliges you to sell in the discount period to recover such loses.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
The sis bothering on bullying has actually become a national issue, infact international issue as this is not only unique to a particular country, bullying is not only tied to the work place but even in schools a religious centres aswel. Th I issue should not be handled with a kid glove as it is beginning to eat into our fabrics and nothing seems to be done seriously about it, as those that engages in it are been allowed to work and walk the streets freely without been held accountable to answer for their crimes. I have even come to realise that most of the people that carries out the drastered act are heavily connected and they are very influential in the social so they tend to get away with what so ever they do wrongly.

Then in some cases I have come to realise i have discoverdiscovered that they sometimes get backings from people in the helps of affairs and corridor of power. Hense they get away with most of their evil act. But I will encourage any who falls victim to bullying not to keep quiet but should rather raise an alarm, so as to prevent further actions

sincerem

VIP Contributor
It is understandable what you've said concerning bullying by your fellow colleagues. Some workplace are simply like that, while some aren't like that due to how the company put guidelines to follow by the employees. When I face bully in my workplace as an employee, I wouldn't react more in order to be at the safer side and not at the wrong end. I'll definitely report the case to the employer to take care of and settle the issue amicably. And I'll surely mind my business to be busy at all times during working hours and not just using my time to discuss irrelevant things with my coworkers. Such brings forth argument that leads to bullying, which can even go extra length in getting us axed if we don't control it professionally.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I was new in my last employment there was a bully named Tony. He would tell the employees close to me that I do not belong there and that I only have a clout with the boss but I am no good. It was an insult because I was hired as technical consultant. That Tony has zero knowledge of computers so he does not know what he was talking about. Some friends in the office urged me to confront the bully but what the heck, I would not spend time for that and I would not legitimize his rants against me. After some months that I was showing my good output the bully changed his stance. He was befriending me. But I was cold to him although I did not reject him. I guess I did right in keeping quiet and not confronting the bully. At least I was a decent employee.