Health Insurance Does Health Insurance Cover Kidney Transplant?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Health insurance covers disability medical expenses.

A family who cares for the well-being of every member and like to prepare for the unforeseen circumstances that may likely to occur in the future will engage in health insurance.

Health insurance make it pretty much easier for people to get treatment at the hospital when they have little or no money on them.

There are some countries that make it mandatory for every working class to get health insurance for themselves and the people associated with them.

Assuming someone does a health insurance for himself and he is having problem of kidney which require to be transplanted and this is very expensive.

I want to ask that can health insurance cover for transplanting of kidneys?

Jamoflondon

Verified member
The last time I checked, kidney transplant happens to be classified as a medical surgery so in this case definitely it will cover because health insurance mostly provide coverage for surgery except it was excluded during the contract process. I believe there are particular policy plans that was created for the purpose of surgical care

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Definitely health insurance should cover kidney transplant because when you talk about health you are talking about the general well-being of an individual. I think this is one of the reasons health insurance or any other type of insurance is very important for everyone because it can go a long way to protect and save you a lot of money.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Health insurance is done to cover all the sickness or matters related to health. It doesn't matter whether it so headache, stomach ache or even stroke. In as much as the matter has to do with health, it will cover all the expenses that will be needed during the the surgery

Phabbyfundz

Health insurance serves as an indemnity for an uncertain event of sickness or ill, injury. But for any person who want to get an insurance plan be it health insurance or any other insurance plan available you should always make a research and investigation so as to come to terms with the conditions or the policy of the said insurance company or insurance plan you want to purchase.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I believe when it comes to health related issues, it is encompassing it takes in everything that has to do with the health. So yes it is part of health insurance. This is why one needs to find out all of these before taking out any policy. But certainly this should be among it

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Health insurance policy actually do cover any risk relating to health risk I think , so I believe they would cover any danger like that , that might be happening to someone kidney , but you make sure and have proof that's a genuine claim before they take action of covering the risk

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
It should be able to cover kidney transplant because I think it is a surgery and I believe the main reason why people purchase health insurance is mainly because of regular medical check ups and surgeries. So if it doesn’t provide coverage for it, what’s the essence of buying it if it won’t work for it