Health Insurance Does Health Insurance Cover Surgery?

Jamoflondon

Verified member
Of course it does. In fact it is one of the most important reason clients do buy this type of insurance policy. You don’t have to worry about the surgery bills because it will be taken care by the insurance company. It’s important to buy it but at the same time, it sounds like one’s is wishing an unhealthy lifestyle on himself

Abigael

Valued Contributor
In my country, everyone is urged to have an health insurance policy. Indeed even here you will be served so fast just because you have an insurance. Here in my country, health insurance covers everything including surgeries. I guess that is why people are really urged to have one. Surgeries are so expensive and so it is best to have insurance for it.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Health insurance is very important that's why those country make it compulsory for all their citizen to take up the policy.
When some body take up the policy the health workers will surely recognized the person and the treatment will be special compare to this those that are not taken it. Its good to insured ones health.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Health insurance covers anything that has to do with your health but of course it is dependent on the kind of premium you buy. Premiums can differ from company to company and considering the amount of money you have put in place for that. So yeah most health insurance covers surgery.

Good luck

Verified member
As long as it is health insurance it should cover every part of health issues including surgery which have to do what cutting of body parts.Though most insurance company feels it is always expensive to cater for surgery but it is part of their work if the need arises.unless it is exempted before.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Whether health insurance covers surgery or not depends on whether this clauses is included or not. If the surgery is included in your policy, you will get coverage or not, you won't get a coverage. If you want to get coverage for surgery, you should buy a policy that provides coverage.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
The treatment of health insurance card holders is the opposite. They are the lowest priority because the paying patients are always the first to be attended to. Regarding the surgery the health card has specifics on the coverage. I think minor surgery is covered but not the cosmetics like plastic surgery. Major operation falls under the premium health card which is more expensive with the premium.

Nite

Valued Contributor
If the plastic surgery is prescribed by the doctor to normalise any congenital anomaly, then maybe it can be covered by health insurance. But, cosmetic surgeries are mostly elective in nature, and are not termed as vital medical procedures undertaken to protect someone's life, hence they are generally not covered under health insurance.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
An insurance agent argued this out stating that surgery is not part of the Health Insurance. He said there are so many things that may needs to surgery. Uses plastic surgery as an example that those who engage in in it does not really need surgery in the first place. So health insurance cannot cover that type of surgery.

dagm

Obviously health and wellness insurance coverage deals with surgical treatment, as a matter of fact I can easily state it is actually the primary reason very most citizens purchases it, for instance, an guaranteed obtained tired as well as it needs surgical treatment, if the guaranteed cannot pay for the resettlement, after that he will certainly get in touch with His insurance provider to obtain included therefore they can easily look after the clinical expense

kayode10

VIP Contributor
There are some countries which make it mandatory for every citizen to enroll for health insurance for themselves and their family members.

In such country, it will be very difficult to receive prompt attention anytime some goes to the hospital if he or she does not have health insurance.

I saw the beauty of this health insurance one day when a lady said she does not up to 30 minutes in the hospital when she went for a treatment.

I was so surprised when she said that because the hospital usually receive lots of patients wait in line for the doctors. She said those with health insurance were given special treatments.

Health Insurance is for medical expenses which arise due to illness. So I want to ask that does health insurance covers surgery?

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
You are right. I have never come across any insurance that's meant for surgery alone. This is to say the health insurance will still be the one thst will cover for surgery operation. And just like I said, all these at times makes the health insurance policy because there is always high tendency for people to get sick and treat some ailment
Yeah the health insurance seems to cover it , that's why it generalized as health as it covers everything , and separating the policy for certain illness would not even benefit the insurer , because what if the illness dosent occur and another illness occurs , the insurer would be faced with burden

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Yeah I think it does cover surgery , most health illness are related to that and it's health insurance so it covers your health generally and all part of your body , I don't think there is a special insurance policy created for surgery , because insurance covers everything entirely I think
You are right. I have never come across any insurance that's meant for surgery alone. This is to say the health insurance will still be the one thst will cover for surgery operation. And just like I said, all these at times makes the health insurance policy because there is always high tendency for people to get sick and treat some ailment

Nite

Valued Contributor
Most health insurance plans cover major portion of surgical costs, which could include, surgery to improve your health, to avert possible illness, or to save your life. You need to ask your surgeon for a breakdown of what your procedure would normally cost, also what preparation and supplies will be necessary.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
The health insurance policy covers all that has to do with your health. The coverage is stated in the term of service and that's the reason it's called health insurance
. Surgery is in connection with the state of health and this is why you could claim benefits for surgery. This is why you need to read and understand the conditions surrounding any type of insurance you want to buy.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Yeah I think it does cover surgery , most health illness are related to that and it's health insurance so it covers your health generally and all part of your body , I don't think there is a special insurance policy created for surgery , because insurance covers everything entirely I think

Good luck

Verified member
As long as it is health insurance policy,it Should cover anything that has to do with health related issues.You have a health insurance policy,you should be entitled to medical attention to be taken care of by the insurance company that you are partnering with since it is their major work or reason why you join the team or plan in the first place.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The health insurance policy covers anything that has to do with health related matters. But it doesn't cover what happens after the surgery. For instance, if the person doesn't have the money for the surgery operation, it is possible for the insurance company to take responsibility. But if the person dies as a result of th surgery, insurance won't cover that.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Of course health insurance covers surgery, in fact I can say it is the main reason why most commoners buys it, for example, an insured got sick and it requires surgery, if the insured can’t afford the payment, then he will contact His insurer to get involved so they can take care of the medical bill

Mika

VIP Contributor
Health insurance covers everything from the cost associated with the removal of teeth that might cost less than $20 (in my home country) to the surgeries like removal of kidney stones or even bypass surgery unless stated otherwise in black and white. Before you sign in the documents, make sure what is covered and what is not.