Does making money online need retirement?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Making money online ranges from blogging, affiliate marketing and even crypto trading. The list goes on and on. However, just like offline ways of making money, one needs to retire some day, especially when old age sets in. Should one be planning retirement in online business as well.?

Skysaint

Verified member
Laughs. Well that's kinda hilarious, but I honestly don't think so. Offline workers do retire because that's more like a culture to them especially for the employees and for the self employed or the entrepreneurs, they retire when they feel like the business activities and stress is having a negative effect on their personal health. But this isn't usually the case with working online as you don't need to run around and move from one place to another to purchase or sell products, you just have to sit at your comfort zone and direct your business activities. You can be earning online as an aged person maybe until you start losing your eyesight which is done kind normal for very old people

Rachael

Verified member
This is something that is not really discussed, because the major difference that exists between offline earning and online earning is just the use of technological tools for one while the other is done on a more analog way. The decision or preference of retiring online would be left for the individual involved to decide when to quit and this is because for online earning, there is no limitations to retirement, it has that advantage over the offline ecosystem where at a certain level, both in private and public organizations an individual worker would one day have to retire according to the binding laws and often times because of some health challenges or disinterest in the job in its totality. Making money online has no deadline so long as you are capable and energetic to keep up with the flow and this has more advantages because you just have to sit at the comfort of your home to engage in your online dealings and also at your own pace and schedule with no pressure attached. The only disadvantage is that, at times the constant review of a site terms and conditions can be so discouraging and this might make one decide to retire.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Yeah, one can retire if your business is making large and humongous profits without your input and I think it's easier to reach that kind of success in online business than offline business, just some couple of years back the CEO of Amazon Jeff Bezos stepped down as the head because his business has grown to the extent of not needing his input at all.

Let me set an example with a blog for example, if your blog is making 5000 dollars monthly which is like 2.5 million naira, this is pretty much large by Nigerian standard and if you can hire writers and administrators that can manage your business for you then you can retire and have them look over your company or blog with a little input from your side.

So, you've gotten the drill, the goal is to build business that is self sufficient that doesn't need your monitoring then in my opinion you're safe to retire or focus your energy In building another venture.

But in the traditional sense, people retire when they're old with little or a pittance as retirement pension and they'll still be scrambling for little cash here and there until their time is off, this is really sad

btaliat

VIP Contributor
To be honest, there should be a time in our life wrhere we don't need to hustle more for money but we need the money to be working for us. I think everyone that has reached this stage needs to be planning retirement whether offline or online businesses.

I cnt imagine someone that's reached the age of 75 still blogging or still exposing his eyes to the screen trying to create the YouTube videos. Or do you think people will still find it relevant to give website designing job to a man that is in his old age?

This only means we need to be planning our old age. And this this the main reason why we don't need to learn skill but still focus on some passive income that csn still be generating us money even while we in the underground.

Stena

I do not think online money making would require retirement, except of course if it is an individual choice or preference.

In the offline world, there are people who work their business line till they die and have the business taken over by their children or partners. There are also people who work government jobs and just as the norm is, they would have to retire after a certain working period.

There is something about online businesses that make retirement a thing not to be thought about by many. Perhaps the ability to work from your comfort zone, perhaps the minimal stress it accords, perhaps the privilege it accords one to do what he or she is best at.

If I have an online business that provides me steady and huge income, i think there would come a time I consider retirement. I must have earned enough and by then allow myself rest, and enjoy the money. Although there are certain jobs which even though done online could be stressful and would not soothe the weakness of old age; online businesses like forex and cryptocurrency. Such jobs would require one to plan retirement.
Albeit, retirement or not, while on our businesses, planning for the future is paramount and therefore should not be overlooked.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Retirement is to enjoy your life to the fullest before you pass on. Unfortunately the economic situation on ground as chain people to continue work while they are in their retirement. It is so sad to senior citizen still working hard to make ends meet due to the abject poverty.

This is the reason why it is very important to make use of our young age to work at in acquiring different assets that will bring in passive income for us during the retirement and old age.

It is very important to learn about different investments you can put your money into while you are still young in order to start generating passive income.

One of those investment is real estate. It is good to start acquiring different property and increase your portfolio as Time goes On. We invest back the profit into acquiring more properties so as you grow your passive income.

I know some people who are investing into blue chip companies has a plan for their retirement. They have it in mind that their shares and stocks in those companies will have grown together with dividend.

I know a police officer who have acquired a lot of real estate property while he was still in service as a retirement plan.

Rachael

Verified member
Making money online does not require retirement. There is nothing that has to do with retirement when talking of online means of income and this is the advantage it has over working offline. In working online, there is a timeframe especially in government firms where an individual is due for compulsory retirement which cannot be extended except in cases where the authorities top-up the service years. Working online has many advantages and by even working online, you can still carve out time luxuriously in working offline but in most offline jobs, there might be little or no opportunity at all in working or combining online jobs. There is actually no retirement period when working online and this means that only an individual ca decide to retire when he feels exhausted, demotivated or just feels that he need time offline for other activities or rest. There is literally nobody that can sack, dismiss or terminate your appointment online, this is to say that, even though you are banned or restricted from a site, there are other ways where you can still earn money whereas when working offline especially in private firms, you have to work cautiously to avoid infringing on rules because your job might be terminated even due to minor offences.

Caramelle

If your online business can be set on auto-pilot or can be delegated to a trusted employee, I think retiring is highly possible. Retiring, in this case, can mean slowing down and not hustling as you would normally do if you are fully dependent on your online earnings. You can also sell a successful business for an amount that will set you off for the rest of your life. However, unlike offline work, you can choose not to retire until you yourself become mentally incapacitated. One reality that we need to face is that we can't work or do business forever. Our body has limitations and at some point in time, we won't have control over our own affairs. That is why we need to plan our life in such a way that we can also embrace the joys of retirement while we are still strong and healthy enough.​

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
You won't likely retired just like an offline business but the fact is that when making money online there will be a time that you just got tired of making money online because the concentration we will no more be there. This is always the case and a lot of people will decide not to engage in any earning opportunities either offline or online.

It is not everyone that will have the power and the ability to continue in most online businesses for a very long time , what I can say about online business is that it is a type of business you are to do on spare time and something you only have to do to raise money and start up your business and not something you have to totally depend on as the only source of income.

Even if you are a freelancer you should not really depend on online business but you should have another source of income that you can also rely on in case technology changes , because the knowledge will keep on changing every day . it is possible that some of the relevant thing now won't really be more relevant anymore in the future because of how new invention arises.

Ayeshabashir

No ,not at all when do do online job you are not retired you can work here at any time and at any age but if we are talking about offline work where we have to do work according to the boss and also sometimes you will have to migrate from one place to another but not in the case of online work the thing that you only need to do work is laptop it is all up to you where you want to sit and do your work you don't need to take any kind stress you can work here whenever you want it is not necessary that you specifically sit at one olace and don't move without the permission of your boss and you will unable to do anything you want so thats why when the person will unable for completing the duties of offline work then will retired at some age and now this is time when he will enjoyed their life according to his own wishes but in online work case there is nothing like like there is no retirement and there is no age limit restrictions you can work here at any time period of your lifespan

Chibson

VIP Contributor
If you really want to retire then it is up to you but if you do not want to retire then it is also up to you because making money online does not restrict age provided you still have proper knowledge and understanding of how such a business works. Even if your hundred years older you can still make money from affiliate marketing provided you are still have proper knowledge and understanding of how affiliate marketing works. the same thing applies to everybody and the beautiful thing about online is that knowledge is very important if you really want to make something tangible. It is very important that people take time at a certain stage in their life to rest from all activities and this is one of the reasons why it is very important for you to be saving and investing the money you are making online. There are times in one's life when you would probably don't have the capacity to be working online every time and of course this is where it is advisable that people should create passive income method for themselves. If you have a passive income stream, then you would probably retire online one day and still be making money.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
With Online earnings, I do not want to ever consider taking a break at all. In fact, I am trying as much as possible to see to it that I learnt top notch skills that would make me dump some of these offline activities and then focus one hundred percent online to make money at my own comfort without being able to disturb myself with some useless troubles that present with making money offline.

Being an introverted person, online Earning has made everything more interesting than it used to be in time past and I do not even care about how best to start living with people and trying to make some money anymore, as I could stay in my room and make as much money as possible. This is the best thing that I have discovered from the year 2020, and I am always grateful to God that despite some of the websites that have closed in time past, we still have very legitimate ones like trendri to keep being active without bothering about ever getting scammed at all. This is a very good reason not ever think about retirement like those who are making money offline do.
Retirement is not part of the plan.

Wiserr

If your online business can be set on auto-pilot or can be delegated to a trusted employee, I think retiring is highly possible. Retiring, in this case, can mean slowing down and not hustling as you would normally do if you are fully dependent on your online earnings. You can also sell a successful business for an amount that will set you off for the rest of your life. However, unlike offline work, you can choose not to retire until you yourself become mentally incapacitated. One reality that we need to face is that we can't work or do business forever. Our body has limitations and at some point in time, we won't have control over our own affairs. That is why we need to plan our life in such a way that we can also embrace the joys of retirement while we are still strong and healthy enough.​
Wow that's very interesting, i don't think if making money online has to do with anything like retirement. Because I believe even after retirement one kind engage in different forms of online business such as affiliate marketing, engaging in pay to post site and pay to click sites, alsoone can in engage in business like forex trading, forex trading is a type of business that has to do with exchange of foreign goods or commodities.
I believe but there are lot of online business that one can engage on even after retirement, also there are a lot of offline business that one can engage on, even though most of the offline business seems to demand a lot of capital before setting everything in order, so that everything will work appropriately
One can engage on offline businesse after retirement like selling or renting farm or even building house and giving out for people as rent, I believe with that one can earn a lot of money within short time.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Not exactly , you can only choose to retire from your present job to concentrate on your online job full time if you personally do not like your nine-to-five job and have been looking for ways to make money online so as to leave your nine-to-five job and focus on your online job full time . Majority of people today do not even think of retiring from the nine-to-five job , actually it is not must that you must retire from you are 9 to 5 job to concentrate on your online job , people do not see themselves retiring from the nine-to-five job rather they see their only job as a way of any extra cash .

Making money online is very interesting but it's just not totally mean that you must leave or have to retire from your nine-to-five job except you have a reason for it which possibly could be that you do not in any way like the act of earning a living only a nine-to-five job rather use prefer being your own boss staying indoors and making money online . I can choose for everyone , I will let everyone choose for themselves . In conclusion , the act of retiring from a job to focus on your online job is actually the choice of every individual .

btaliat

VIP Contributor
With the little I have heard, I think people prefer to even resign from their jobs and focus more on online earning. Probably most people see making money online as an easy avenue when it is compared to making money offline. It is convinient and there are always an opportunities without even making any recourse to age.

However, I am thinking of the health implications, is it normal for someone that has attained the age of 75 to be exposing his eyes to the screen. When we grow up, the eyes which is the main part of the body that we need to do some online jobs will not be there as perfect as before.

Besides, doing some jobs online, let's take for instance YouTube, it will be absurd for people subscribing to the channels that are being owned by the old people. People will still prefer to subscribe and stick to some yiujg people channels. How on earth will someone take delight in seeing old people do some video tutorials. In fact z people will believe they are not in vogue.

However, old people are still online making money but it may be high time they retired for their health sake.

King bell

VIP Contributor
There is no question that making money online can provide an excellent supplemental income in retirement - or any time, for that matter. In fact, a recent study from Merrill Lynch revealed that nearly half of American retirees are using at least one form of online income to supplement their retirement savings.

There are a number of reasons why online income is such a popular choice for retirees. Perhaps the most obvious benefit is the ability to continue earning an income without having to leave the comfort of home. Additionally, many retirees find that online work is more flexible and allows them to better balance work and family obligations. Finally, because there are so many online opportunities to choose from, retirees can find a job that matches their skills and interests.

If you're interested in making money online in retirement, there are a number of things you can do to get started. The first step is to research the many different types of online jobs available and find one that fits your skills and interests. Once you've found a good fit, set goals for yourself and create a plan of action to achieve them. Finally, be sure to stay motivated by setting aside time each day to work on your online income goal.

Making money online can provide an excellent supplemental income in retirement - or any time, for that matter. If you're interested in making money online in retirement, there are a number of things you can do to get started.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Making money online is so great for sure. You get so many options to choose from and you can work conveniently from the comfort of your home. So many people enjoy doing it and there are many who have found ways to earn a considerable amount of money online. What you need is just good skills and time management.

Most people prefer to do it alongside their day job. After all many have taken courses and gain degrees and other certifications to work offline. So they will rarely want to leave it for an online job. So they prefer to do both of them.

Now, retirement is so common offline as a requirement in most institutions at a certain age. But in online earning methods, retirement will be your option. So many people choose to work online for a long time. They especially concentrate in it when they retire from their offline jobs.

The thing that will most likely prompt most people to retire from online earning is old age. There comes a time when you won't be able to sustain using your gadget for a long while. Probably due to eye problems or because you just want to rest. That is when most people choose to leave online earning. Otherwise, you can do it for a long time.

Mika

VIP Contributor
In my home country, the retirement age is 60 years. Do you think a person can not work after 60 years of age? If people are physically and mentally fit, they can work even after reaching 60 years of age. If you look around, you can see even people at the age of 80 still working. If you don't believe me do a Google search about Joe Biden's age and Nancy Pelosi's age. US President is 79 years old where as US speaker of the house is 82 years. The retirement age was created in order to create working opportunities for young people. When you are working online, there is no one to make you forcefully leave your work or retire from your work. You can continue working s long as you are healthy to work. If your sights are good, if you can type well, if you are still good at what you do, you can work online.

Realekom

There is no retirement in making money online because there is no retirement agreement in it.
You can work as long as you're ready to work, and get paid as well.

When working online, there is nothing like answering queries or being forced to do anything, you only have to follow the instructions and get paid.
You can continue working as long as you're healthy and your sight are perfect.