Does Melatonin work for better sleep?

Alberello75

In the several years now (which after all are not a few), I have had problems with sleeping well and consequently being relaxed during the day. To be more precise, my problem is not the most usual one, which would be the difficulty falling asleep, but it would be that of getting up very early in the morning, sleeping on average just four or five hours a night.
In this regard, I spoke about this problem to my doctor and over time he prescribed me two different medicines, but after all, unfortunately I have not resolved the issue, neither with one or with the other medicine.
Then I came to know that someone with similar problems and always related to night rest, takes melatonin that seems not to be considered a drug and not even a sleeping pill.
So, having never tried using melatonin as a sleep remedy, I would like to know if such a remedy would work for sleep problems like mine. This is also because such melatonin would probably be a more natural and decidedly less invasive remedy than the real drugs.
I would also add that melatonin is available in many shops and in almost any food supermarket at decidedly lower prices.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
Melatonin is something that is directly related for your skin color and abscence of melatonine is a problem that you could never be exposed to the sun and need special protection and has no relation to being slipping if I am not wrong.

Alberello75

Melatonin is something that is directly related for your skin color and abscence of melatonine is a problem that you could never be exposed to the sun and need special protection and has no relation to being slipping if I am not wrong.
I'm sorry my friend, I think you have confused what I meant, which is Melatonin with what instead is the Melanin. This last indeed as you wrote is something that has to do with our skin and is already present in our body, in more or less high quantities depending on each individual. But, no problem, I can understand you also because the names are very similar even in Italian.

jhoncena

Melatonin is a hormone that regulates sleep-wake cycles. Studies suggest it can be effective in treating certain sleep disorders and improving sleep quality. However, it's important to speak with a healthcare provider before taking melatonin supplements, as they can interact with certain medications and have potential side effects. Other lifestyle changes, such as creating a regular sleep schedule and avoiding electronic devices before bed, can also improve sleep.

Rimisha

Yes, melatonin is a hormone that can help regulate sleep-wake cycles and improve sleep quality, especially for individuals with certain sleep disorders or jet lag. However, it's best to consult with a healthcare professional before using melatonin as a sleep aid.