Does smart work pay more than hard work?

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
From my experience I have always believed that hard work pays, like they say, but with the way things are going presently in nigeria, I think it is beginning to go the other way round and the reason because of the bad governance in the country. It has made hard working people to be seen as fools and probably as if they are just ignorantly wasting their time, the urge to make fast money among youths is why you see most of them doing fraud and by so doing, they are ripping other people off their hard earned money without caring about how they feel about it or the position they will be in, if they finds out they have been scammed, it is now becoming a dog eat dog world which is why one has to be very careful, nowadays, they do not see scam as an illegal or bad act, they see it as the act of making money in a smart way, which is wrong, it does not have to be inform of scam, what about working legally online, I still know of people that work smart to make money online. E.g, affiliate marketing, Dropshipping and the rest. My plight is, working smart is making money as much as working hard and to be honest, no work is easy, even if you have to work smart, you will still have to go through some stress and make some efforts.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Hardwork does not really pay, but the ability for you to combine hardwork and smartness will give you the best result ,Lets take for example, there are some people that deal with carpentry over here and as we all know carpentry may not really be a lucrative business, sometimes you can only be able to generate some money to take care of yourself but you may not have the opportunity to generate money to save.. in a situation like this it will be a wise decision for someone who is engaging in carpentry to look for other business he can do on spare time when it doesn't have work coming, this is smartness and this will help you to have some extra money apart from the one you are generating from the main Skill

Jamoflondon

Verified member
I believe both pays well depending on how you go about it, the similarities I noticed within both of them is that there is usually challenges in the beginning which will make it look like it is hard, either you choose to work hard or work smart, you will still encounter this particular challenge especially when it is a job you do not really know about before you started it, it might look hard at first and might discourage you, that could be normal but if you are not strongly determined, the discouragement might lead to you giving in from doing it.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
There has always been a saying that " there is dignity in Labour", people believe that the road to success is hard work. But there is another twist to that statement because hard work is quite different from working hard. So if we look at hard work in the literal sense we will realise that it doesn't really lead to success or making one rich. Hard work can simply be seen as suffering unnecessarily. While smart work or working smart on the other hand is far better than hardwork. Because you tend to utilize little or no physical effort. But skills and intellects to achieve success and become wealthy.

Immilash

From my experience I have always believed that hard work pays, like they say, but with the way things are going presently in nigeria, I think it is beginning to go the other way round and the reason because of the bad governance in the country. It has made hard working people to be seen as fools and probably as if they are just ignorantly wasting their time, the urge to make fast money among youths is why you see most of them doing fraud and by so doing, they are ripping other people off their hard earned money without caring about how they feel about it or the position they will be in, if they finds out they have been scammed, it is now becoming a dog eat dog world which is why one has to be very careful, nowadays, they do not see scam as an illegal or bad act, they see it as the act of making money in a smart way, which is wrong, it does not have to be inform of scam, what about working legally online, I still know of people that work smart to make money online. E.g, affiliate marketing, Dropshipping and the rest. My plight is, working smart is making money as much as working hard and to be honest, no work is easy, even if you have to work smart, you will still have to go through some stress and make some efforts.
Smart work and hard work both pays it depends on how you go about it. But If you combine the two of them you are going to soar higher like eagles, but if you make good of of one you are going to have a little output. And in everything you do make sure you are reselience it will help you a lot.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Yes, working smart pays more than working hard. Let me explain. You might be working hard on forums, spending hours writing posts. How much will you earn by the end of the month, possibly $20-$30, or not more than $100 (if you are posting on a lot of forums). A smarter way to earn by writing is working on freelance sites and writing for clients and businesses. You can earn 60 cents by writing 5 posts with 200 words (1000 words total) on Trendri, but you will earn at least $5 by writing 1000 words article on Fiverr or Upwork.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
First of all, one should not mistake working smart with making money in a dubious manner. Hard work pays and it will always pay but there are sometimes when we need to add a faster way of making money, not dubious ways. For instance, instead of typing for long on some forums, some may prefer to use voice note which may be a way faster than if typing.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
I don't even know how other people are seeing it but what I am seeying here is that hard work can really help you make a lot of money perfectly , and can even make you to have a stable source of income but hard work alone will not likely help you achieve greater success in the future.

Ok let's take for example , someone who is working as an electrician in a building company may be able to work hard and he or she will be paid based on the amount of time they are working.

At the end of the day , they can be able to make a reasonable amount of money based on hard work but if they are not smart enough to use this money to start up something or engage in other profitable business that will help them in the future , then obviously the hard work will just be a waste of time.

you have to apply smartness to hard work to help you have a better future, that is what they called smart working.

It's not really about making money but future is always the most important thing we are to consider because we will definitely grow old.

Kendy

Verified member
I cannot agree less that smart work is more profitable than hard work. It is worthy to note that, smart work is not associated with any fraudulent activities in this context. The kind of people who take working smart as duping people are in great denial of what smartness entails. These days, creativity rules the world and it is from creative ideas that smartness comes into play. Both hard work and smart work pays, but at the end of the day, working smart pays more handsomely.

For instance, a farmer or an agriculturalist, who toils all day with making use of crude tools, it would take a whole lot of time before he can finish with the job and on the other hand, an agriculturalist who uses digital farming tools, before you realize, the work would be faster and save him more time and stress which would be used for doing another job. In working smart, it does not mean that hard work is not present, it just means that an individual has enhanced by taking the next step into something more productive. There would be a great difference with someone who is into typing, spending all the day using a keyboard might be time demanding but a smart worker would easily use voice recording.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
I live through all my school days being told that hard work pays. When you see the definition of hard work, you realize that it involves doing so much work, like if it is reading, you read so many books. You try and finish them on time and you work hard to remember everything you have read during an exam.

So working hard meant being super active, trying to cram everything you read and sometimes having to deny yourself enough sleep so as to finish the work you are supposed to do. But nowadays, I don't believe in working hard anymore. I believe in working smart.

Working smart entails doing things in a manner in which you gain all the experience rather than trying to finish it or come on top of the class. If it is reading, it involves taking your time to read a text and understand it so that you can apply it in real life.

Working smart means taking a rest when you are tired and teaching yourself to be self disciplined so that you can do the work you have planned to do. That being said, I think working smart will help you make more money. This is because it entails both concentrating on the work and taking time to rest so that you can reenergize.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Both smart work and hard work are legit way of making money and anyone that works for you is what you would stick to .

I really do not want to believe that there are any differences between hard work and smart work because they all involve you using your god-given intellectual so come up with something that would sustain you and open ways for financial blessings .

I want to set it this way, that anybody who is into hard work is definitely smart, and will definitely use smart work in making sure that he or she is getting better results from whatever it is that they're doing to make money .

There are just so many advantages that present whenever somebody decides to take the path of hard work which is the only guarantee to success in this life.

Even those who claim that they are more of smart workers are most of the time doing hard work, because even making use of your brain to come up with a new idea is something that requires hard work put a lot of people are not willing to do .

Just have it at the back of your mind that they are all very reliable way of making money, and work together .

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Like someone have stated up there, combining both smart work and hard work is what will give you the results.

The truth is that there is no way you can be able to achieve and you will result if you don't work hard. When I talk of working hard it does not mean spending a lot of hours to do meagre works but being disciplined to achieve your aim on daily basis.

When you combine smart work and hard work you will definitely achieve results faster than someone who is just working hard or who is just working smart. there are many people who make over $1000 a daily on the internet and there are people that does not even make up to $2 every day.

These are two categories of people and the difference between them is knowledge. You must work very hard to gather the required knowledge if you really want to succeed on the internet and must apply the knowledge you have smartly in order to achieve results.

There are many people that spend up to 20 hours every day working on the internet to create passive income for themselves. This is what I call smart work and hard work.

Rachael

Verified member
In recent times, smart work pays more than hard work. It is such a pity that some people would mistake the concept of working smart to be seen in an illegal way but this is not the case study here. Working smart comes with a whole lot of hard work before attaining the status. My point exactly is that, there is no smart worker who did not first, go through the phase of working hard to discovering a new dimension which can make the work more easier.

For instance, a smart worker would prefer or adopt the method of taking the drum to the river to fetch water and then, use a wheel barrel to push it whereas, a hard worker would prefer to fetch the water in bits to and from the river for even 10hours. In that case, a smart worker still has ample time for himself to use in doing other meaningful things whereas a hard worker, would have wasted the all the day fetching water. The common similarity between the both of them is that, they have achieved their aim but the difference is that, the smart worker would achieve more for the day because of his free time while the hard worker would only achieve little for the day.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Hard work is good but it is better to work smart. Working smart gives you the opportunity to achieve a lot of things with less effort compared to working hard. You focus on what brings result quickly when you are working smart.

Hard-working will take you to some level but working smart will take you to the next level. A clear coat of this can be seen in blogging.

Some new blog owners usually work hard on creating a fancy website that will look attractive to the website visitors.

But those who are smart will focus on creating content that drive traffic right from the onset and then later improve the appearance of the blood as Time goes On.

It is the second set of people that will start making money quickly with their website because they are doing the right thing that will bring the quick results.

To work smart, you only need to determine the important thing that will start bringing you results quickly with project you want to embark on.

Once you're able to identify the key result areas, then you work consistently on them in order to bring results faster. When the result comes people will think that you are lucky but it is otherwise because you work smart.

Ajebo25

Verified member
Working hard is different from working smart because working hard is working with all your power and passion working smart is when you work with your brain and mind analyze things before you do them so I prefer working smart

Skysaint

Verified member
I will be honest with you to bring to your attention that working smart is far better than working hard. Working hard is more like doing things or achieving goals in a more stressful way and taking long complicated routes to get to your destination but working smart is more like a shortcut that will in the end give you the same results.
Let's say for instance someone sends you a very long message on WhatsApp and asks you to resend it to someone else without making use of the forward button; someone who works hard will start retyping that message word by word to the final recipient which will be very stressful and will probably take more time but someone who works smart will click on the copy button and paste the whole message all at once and resend it to the person in question or probably download a gb WhatsApp and hide the recipient from viewing the forward tag.
So working smart is just using means that will get you to your goal in a less stressful way and I think that's better than working hard.

Sodiq

Hard works do pay only when you work smart BUT there are some factors beyond our controls about reaping from that same hard work.

I called it forces, Forces are beyond our imaginations. Have you ever had a wonderful plans that everything seems perfect without any blemish but after executing the plans, you have entirely different results

Forces are factors beyond our control, that's why there's a saying that If all dreams come true, everybody will be billionaire.

Like someone have Stated up there, Working hard is more like doing things or achieving goals in a more stressful way and taking long complicated routes to get to your destination but working smart is more like a shortcut that will in the end give you the same results.

Therefore, Hard-working is good but it is better to work smart. Working smart gives you the opportunity to achieve a lot of things with less effort within a minimal time compared to working hard. So work smart and not hard.

maidnagi

I think finding a balance between working smart and hard will be beneficial in the long run. Hard work will help you understand the concepts and put you on the right track, but smart work will help you be consistent with your profits and come out of adverse situations efficiently.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Smart work is great. Hard work is great. Smart hard work? Even better!

But let's start at the beginning. "Hard work" is generally understood to simply mean that you have put in a lot of time and energy doing something. It can be lonely, it can be hard, and it can be exhausting—but if you do it right, you can get some pretty amazing results.

However, "smart work" does something different: it makes sure that your time and energy are being used for the most efficient way possible to get the results you want. It's not necessarily about how much time you spend, but about how effectively you spend your time in order to achieve your goals.

So which type of work pays more? Well, there are two factors to consider: 1) how much money you make; and 2) how much money you actually take home from that job.

As far as how much money actually gets put into your pocket overall, smart work will pay more than hard work because smart workers usually get paid for their results instead of the amount of time they spend on those results. For example, a worker who is paid $50/hour will make more than a worker who is paid $10/hour at the same condition.