Alberello75

In recent years, where the problem of climate change is at the center of every debate every day, there is a lot of talk about the green transition to try to have a zero impact future on the environment, which should be achieved by 2050.
In this regard, many things are proposed also to ordinary citizens, among which one of these is to recycle waste material, where the subsequent transformation would lead to obtaining new resources and products, in order to try to maximize the reduction of CO2 (carbon dioxide) emissions.

But by doing this to safeguard our environment, could we also have the opportunity to create something for us in our daily life and maybe earn some money?
Well, the question seems to have in a certain sense an affirmative answer. Here in Italy for example, some initiatives have been carried out for ordinary citizens who, with simple daily gestures suitable for the recycling of materials such as: plastic, glass, cardboard, etc., would have the possibility of having also a certain profit.

Currently here in Italy seems to be possible to sell waste as an opportunity to earn mainly through two methods:

• Contact organizations or companies that pay (generally by weight) for certain materials, provided they are correctly collected and differentiated.
  • Contact people online who deliberately seek to buy items that are thrown into homes every day.

Sell recyclable materials (e.g. aluminum cans, glass, plastics) to scrap yards or recycling centers.

Start a scrap metal collection business, and collect metals from households and sell them to scrap yards.

Collect and sell e-waste (e.g. old electronics) to specialized recyclers.

Repurpose and sell old or used materials (e.g. furniture, clothing).

Turn recyclable materials into handmade crafts or products and sell them online or at local markets.

Offer a pick-up and delivery service for recyclable materials for a fee.

Create a recycling program for businesses and charge a fee for managing it.

Start a composting business, and sell compost to farmers or gardeners.

Start a mobile recycling truck service that collects recyclable materials from events or festivals.

Offer a paper shredding service and sell the shredded paper as bedding material for animals.

Create an online marketplace to connect buyers and sellers of recyclable materials.

Use recyclable materials to create energy, such as through a methane digester.

Sell recyclable materials (e.g. aluminum cans, glass, plastics) to scrap yards or recycling centers.

Start a scrap metal collection business, and collect metals from households and sell them to scrap yards.

Collect and sell e-waste (e.g. old electronics) to specialized recyclers.

Repurpose and sell old or used materials (e.g. furniture, clothing).

Turn recyclable materials into handmade crafts or products and sell them online or at local markets.

Offer a pick-up and delivery service for recyclable materials for a fee.

Create a recycling program for businesses and charge a fee for managing it.

Start a composting business, and sell compost to farmers or gardeners.

Start a mobile recycling truck service that collects recyclable materials from events or festivals.

Offer a paper shredding service and sell the shredded paper as bedding material for animals.

Create an online marketplace to connect buyers and sellers of recyclable materials.

Use recyclable materials to create energy, such as through a methane digester.
Dear friend, I thank you for suggesting me 12 methods to earn money through the recycling of used materials. However, you must know that unfortunately, the country where I live (Italy), is still far behind in this process which would allow all Italian citizens to be able to have a second entry also through this very useful system which would undoubtedly help the environment and sustainability.
Considering above all, the assumption that at the moment I would not have the financial resources to start a personal or family business as you suggest in many of your proposals, I could therefore limit myself to trying to work on just two of those you listed.​
These would be for example:
- The sale of recyclable materials to special centers, provided that I can find them in my city and the
Dear friend, I thank you for suggesting me 12 methods to earn money through the recycling of used materials. However, you must know that unfortunately, the country where I live (Italy), is still far behind in this process which would allow all Italian citizens to be able to have a second entry also through this very useful system which would undoubtedly help the environment and sustainability.
Considering above all, the assumption that at the moment I would not have the financial resources to start a personal or family business as you suggest in many of your proposals, I could therefore limit myself to trying to work on just three of those you listed.​
These would be:
  • The sale of recyclable materials to special centers, provided that, such sorting centers I can find them in my city.
  • Sale of old or used materials. This system would be possible for me to attempt to perform online by trying to find special sales sites

Depending on where you live, you can make some bread by recycling waste products, there are different ways to these, you can do these by collecting plastic materials and then take them to a recycling plant and make your bread, depending on the recycling plant, some only process plastics, while others process nylons and others process the both.

If you want to take it a step further, you can hire people especially teenager and get them to do it for you for a fee and then pay them afterwards, i see them all the time where I live, they are always around dustbins scavenging and picking the good stuffs, it is actually a business for them and at the end of the day they will take it to their boss and then he will measure it and pay them equal to the weight of what they got, another benefit of this business is, you are helping to fight climate change.

Depending on where you live, you can make some bread by recycling waste products, there are different ways to these, you can do these by collecting plastic materials and then take them to a recycling plant and make your bread, depending on the recycling plant, some only process plastics, while others process nylons and others process the both.

If you want to take it a step further, you can hire people especially teenager and get them to do it for you for a fee and then pay them afterwards, i see them all the time where I live, they are always around dustbins scavenging and picking the good stuffs, it is actually a business for them and at the end of the day they will take it to their boss and then he will measure it and pay them equal to the weight of what they got, another benefit of this business is, you are helping to fight climate change.
Well here in Italy, unfortunately for me, the recycling technique still doesn't work that way.
From what I know, the scrap copper from electric cables could be resold and paid for by weight, but only companies or businesses can do this, or rather people with a VAT number. but I am not a person of this category.
For now here instead there are containers for the separate collection of: glass, paper, plastic, metal cans and recently also that of organic waste. These are picked up by trucks in order to bring everything to sorting centers. After which they will subsequently move on to the recycling phase. But for us citizens who divide this waste, we won't receive any reward!(n)(n)

As far as I am concerned there are several ways by which a person can earn money through the recycling of material. For instance:

1. Reselling of Used plastic and metallic material.
Most people in my country are now making a killing by selling the already used and broken pieces of plastic utensils like bowls, plates, basins among other items to the the plastic manufacturing firms that they recycle these materials to other new manufactured items.

2. Collecting of used exercise books and cartons, used metallic items, and disposables to the paper manufacturing firms so that they can use these waste products to manufacture products like tissue papers, serviettes, grease proof papers among other paper based products

In fact, we Italians do not agree with this system that we have of differentiated garbage collection, carried out in every city by special companies, because in addition to not giving us any income, it even involves a surcharge on the waste tax! In fact, we Italians do not agree with this system that we have of differentiated garbage collection, carried out in every city by special companies, because in addition to not giving us any income, it even involves a surcharge on the waste tax! But only recently, something is moving in this respect. In fact, some of these plastic binders that you can see in this picture have been placed in my city (GENOVA).
plastica.JPG

Through these, citizens by giving plastic bottles and flasks accumulate points in exchange for prizes and discounts from local businesses that have joined the project, with vouchers for sustainable mobility, bus tickets, discounts on food, hairdressers, etc. However, I admit that I haven't tried this new method yet, but I will as soon as possible and I will know if it really works.
Having said this, however, I think that this is only a small step forward for Italy on the subject of recycling, compared to what it would be possible to earn if each citizen had the opportunity to sell his used material and receiving immediate rewards in cash.