Earning a living as a door-to-door salesman.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Earning a living as a door-to-door salesman is one of the oldest and rarest line of business today , and people who steal indulge in this type of business can testify to the fact that it is not easy . I had a friend who is a door-to-door salesman and one day I asked him how this type of job is he told me that the job is all about confidence . You might be asking confidence about what ? According to my friend he told me that you need to be confident and have a strong foundation of integrity to be able to explain your product or the goods in which you are selling to the people in whose houses you are going to . He further told me that if you are talking and explaning about your product with doubt in your heart or will shaking in your booths it could be perceived by the householder and he surely will see that you are not even convinced about how positive your products are .

By definition a door-to-door salesman is an individual employed by a company who works around from house to house , from door to door , from one vicinity to another vicinity showcasing and advertising his or her product to various potential customers for the purpose of making sales and profit.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In the 1980s a big appliance company had launched a door to door campaign to sell their vacuum cleaner. The brand is Electrolux which has a tv ad that became popular. Incidentally the model in the tv ad became my friend later on. There were 4 of my friends who joined the company as door to door salesman. They always complained that it was good at first because they were proud of wearing the white shirt with necktie. But knocking on several doors in a day without a sale is hard to take. My friends got frustrated except one who continued selling even if he had sold just 1 unit in 2 months.

In this digital age you can do the door to door selling via the internet. When the prospect is really interested that is the time that you can drop by for a visit. Unlike in the olden times when you knock on the door with no basis whatsoever the internet has now made your marketing easier for you.