Ease of recovering money from scammers in your country?

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Losing your money to scammers on the internet is a very painful experience that a lot of people have had in the past and there seems to be no solution to this on ending situation yet, as the government of so many countries have no still come up with policies that will make sure things like this are usually reduced to the very minimum level.

This is what gives scammers the morale to make sure they continue with their attitude and activities since not so much policies have been put in place to regulate the activities.

On this thread, I want us to share how easy it is to be able to recover money from a scammer after discovering that you have been duped of your hard-earned money.

Here in Nigeria, we have a very field system and the banking sector seems to make it very easy for scammers to be able to do away with your money without you ever getting this money back again.

a lot of us have already given up on the banking sector when it comes to ever been able to recover your money after you discover you have been scammed.

What is the situation in your country, and how easy is it to cover your money?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
It is very hard to recover your money from the scammers once you are out of fall victim.

You just have to kiss your money goodbye and forget about it. If you insist on getting your money back from the scammers you are going to lose more money in the process if care is not taken.

I was in one of the money making groups in which someone shared on a conversation between a scammer and a person.

This scammer was very bored in the conversation and I told the person that he should forget about his money that he can't recover anything from him.

The scammer even told the person that you can enlist the services of financial crime commission agency to fight him. He said that he is going to bribe them and he will work scot-free.

A similar case happened to one of my friends. He was a member of a telegram group in which someone advertised exchange of cryptocurrency at cheaper price.

My friend fall victim of the scammers and he was ejected from the group after sending money to the scammers account.

My friend approached the bank in question and it was told that you should go and get court order before they could proceed.

The court order is very expensive to obtain which is even greater than the money he wants to recover. You had no choice than to give up in the process and learnt his lesson.

E

eldavis

I am also form Nigeria, so I can totally relate with what you just said. Once you have been scammed, your money is as good as gone. Even when you report the issue to the bank, there is no guarantee that you would be able to get your money back. Reporting it to the police is even the worse, at least the banks do try their best sometimes. The police on the other hands, you would end paying then notting.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
The recovery of funds from fraudsters actually depend on how strong the financial system is in your country. However, you must more that no matter how strong the financial system is your country, you can still end up getting scammed and it might never be possible to recover funds. Recovery of funds depends on a lots of factors.

One of the biggest factor is where, how, and when you were scammed. If you were scammed by using certain methods such as Cryptocurrencies, then it might be really hard to recover funds. Moreover, if you were scammed by a person who dopes not reside in your country, then it will also be almost impossible to recover funds. If you were scammed through a payment system which is very reliable and strong, then there are chances that it might be possible to recover funds.

For example, if a scammers used PayPal to scam you, then you can file a complaint and recover your funds. Certain kinds of debit card companies might also have refund policies and I think this is one of the biggest reasons why many scammers would avoid using PayPal or payment systems that have a user-friendly and anti-scam policies.