Entrepreneurs: Born or made

E

eldavis

one common question people tend to ask is are entrepreneurs born or made? i would like to know your view on this. i have come across persons who believe like leaders, successful entrepreneurs are born with their skills. which means no matter how much training a person undergoes you can never beat does with natural talents. personally for me i feel entrepreneurs are made, i do not deny the fact that there are does born with natural talents but talent without hard work is Notting. for you to excel with your natural talents, you need to be hard working, which means does without these natural talents can even excel more than does born with it depending on their hard work. what's your take on this?

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
From my side, I don't know if there is someone who is born with talents; expect deities with power, but humans cannot be. A doctor is not born as a doctor, even if both of his parents are doctors. Entrepreneurs are no different; people learn different things and rise; this talent is not birth-based; even though time and situation keep changing, all talents have to be updated. Natural talents are those that develop while a person's character develops.​

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
From my side, I don't know if there is someone who is born with talents; expect deities with power, but humans cannot be. A doctor is not born as a doctor, even if both of his parents are doctors. Entrepreneurs are no different; people learn different things and rise; this talent is not birth-based; even though time and situation keep changing, all talents have to be updated. Natural talents are those that develop while a person's character develops.​
But the truth is that a doctor wants his child to be a doctor because he has a place of work and also clients and won't leave to another doctor even he is his nearest friend or even child of a client this is why at least one of his child are following medicine studies, it will be the same of case of entrepreneurs he has a company and wants one of his children becoming the next leader. This is true you can say parents could not oblige their children but this is how things are operating nowadays. Otherwise, if you are a doctor or having a company you might understand me.

Hasan12

The debate on whether entrepreneurs are born or made has been ongoing for many years. Some argue that entrepreneurs are born with natural traits such as creativity, risk-taking, and a drive for success, while others argue that entrepreneurship can be learned and developed through education and experience.

On one hand, research has shown that certain personality traits, such as confidence, self-efficacy, and locus of control, are positively associated with entrepreneurship. These traits may be innate to some individuals, making them more likely to become successful entrepreneurs.

On the other hand, many successful entrepreneurs have also developed their skills and knowledge through education and experience. Entrepreneurship education and training programs can provide individuals with the skills, knowledge, and networks necessary to start and grow a business. Additionally, gaining experience through internships, working in a startup, or even starting a small business while still in school, can also provide valuable experience and knowledge that can help individuals become successful entrepreneurs.

Furthermore, entrepreneurship is a mindset, that can be learned and developed, with the right mindset, skills and knowledge, anyone can become an entrepreneur.

It is likely that a combination of both nature and nurture contributes to the development of successful entrepreneurs. While certain traits may make some individuals more predisposed to entrepreneurship, education and experience can also play a significant role in developing the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed as an entrepreneur.