For the dieters here what types of diet have you tried?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This topic is about my wife’s sojourn with diets that she tried. When she gained weight or about 20 pounds overweight I suggested for her to go on a diet. It was good that she was amenable to a diet so we have no quarrel about it.

The very first diet for my wife was the fruit and vegetables. It was okay for the 1st week that she had lost 2 pounds which was pretty good. However, she quit on the 2nd week because of her taste buds were complaining of the salad at lunch and the apple for dinner. Diet #2 was the South Beach diet with nuts and fish. Diet #3 is the after 6 which means she doesn’t ingest anything after 6 pm. On the first week she had lost 1 pound but the scales got stagnant after 2 weeks. Her latest diet is the Ten to Six which is intermittent fasting with no food from 10 am up to 6 pm. It is working somehow but I am not really optimistic.

A K Rao

After my Angioplasty surgery on the advice of my physician and my dietician I had to make some diet changes and lifestyle changes. I have cut down my smoking and the Alcohol totally. I have cut down the pure carbs and concentrating more on complete grains. Dietician asked me to concentrate more on protein which I am having in the form of Vegetarin and non vegetarin food. I am having fruits and cut down the sugars.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I'm on my late 10s, I don't like eating foods that contains too much fat and oil. I just prefer eating sea foods, vegetables, and fruits etc, good nutritious foods. Eating bush meats is rich in the health more than those red meats that doesn't look good for adults. I'm always careful with the kind of food that i takes in, cos junky foods is detrimental to my health in the future.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I have done this route before since I'm on a weight loss journey but it didn't just work for me. I don't like to eat what I don't like which is one thing that comes with dieting so I quit. I'm more about eating everything but in very small portion to avoid taking in too much calories that would exceed 2000calories per day

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
What I can say is that my own is really complicated because sometimes I take a lot of food that can make me to add weight when it is necessary that I have lost it because of certain activities or sickness... But generally i only take a lot of vegetables and carbohydrates those are my favourite diet for now.. and also fruit.