Guideposts Website: How to Submit a relevant Content

Holicent

VIP Contributor
True stories about people whose faith has helped them achieve a goal, overcome a challenge, or learn a valuable lesson are published by Guideposts. A regular story is a first-individual story with a profound point that the peruser can apply to their own life. Your own or someone else's story could be the story. As you write, keep an eye on the following:

The story should focus on one person and be told from the perspective of the person who was most affected by the experience. Concentrate on a single event rather than the entirety of your life. Only bring in the number of people necessary to tell the story.

Give the reader all of the relevant information so that they can clearly comprehend what happened. Give the reader a sense of being in the story by letting them see the characters, hear them talk, and experience their emotions.
Include a message or insight that readers can apply to their own lives, as well as the positive and specific change that the narrator experiences as a result of the experience.
Most significant: look over the magazine.

When a full-length story (about 1,500 words) is accepted for publication, payment is made. Essays, sermons, and fiction are not acceptable. Poetry is almost never used, and they do not evaluate material longer than a book.

arunima25

Verified member
That sounds like a really good site. And I bet that other than being a good site to write, it must be a right place to visit if you enjoy good reading. True stories can be really inspiring. And glad that we have a platform where people are encouraged to share about their true experiences which can be inspiring and motivating for many.
I hope that the site is open to international users and is paying to them too.
What you have mentioned about the requirements about writing there sound good. It seems that the site is good place to try your creative skills and good for those who enjoy story telling.
Even the word requirements is fair enough. A good story needs that much of space to be well covered and expressed.
Any idea about their pay rate and the mode of payment?
Anyway, I will definitely visit the site to get some good reading materials there. Also, it would help me get an idea about the kind of expectations that they have.
It's been a long since I have tried writing something from that perspective. Maybe reading the stories there might inspire me.