Have You Ever Been Hired By A Big Organization Despite Not Having A Good Degree?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
A graduate degree might be enough to get you a good job in my country if you have vast experience. However, even in my country, some companies require you to have a master's degree in order to get hired for a specific position. I remember getting selected for such a kind of company where they valued your skills more than your education; however, your education is considered a plus point. So what about your country? What are your experiences? Have you ever been hired by such a company where even a graduate or even an intermediate degree was sufficient enough to get you a job? I would consider education an important factor if I were to hire a candidate but I might consider hiring a candidate who has exceptional skills even if he does not have a really good degree.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My education is a course in commerce and major in management. I was hired by the Film Academy in 2004 as a technical consultant on the strength of my career in IT. Education was not in question because the skills were more important. I stayed in that organization for 12 years until I retired.