Having novelty toys inside the establishment

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I was young my mother would bring me along to the small supermarket in the city. That’s my favorite because there is a toy horse that I can ride. Inserting a coin will make the horse move. You can guess that it was a hit with the kids.

When I grew up the novelty changed with the game machine. You insert a coin and a toy comes out. The toys are seen in the display but you cannot choose which toy would come out. Those were the days when supermarkets have those novelties for the kids. Maybe those novelties were overtaken by the arcade. Isn’t it a good attraction when there is a toy machine novelty or a simple horse ride in the establishment?

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I get your point because it is a good way of attracting sales. I have an eatery I took my little cousins to eat and they have children playground in there. This has made the kids to always want to get in there. So I get to buy from this eatery with playground more often than not

A K Rao

Yes, such toys or things which attract the kids at the departmental stores or supermarkets or Malls can enhance the business of the owner as the kids force their parents to visit such places for the sake of the fun they have there. I also recall my son playing the video games on the big console that used to be at the Mall when he was a kid.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
I don't think anyone can separate children with toys.....But the perspectives are changing now. Most kids don't get toys anymore. When they are taken out some of them don't even get to ask for toys again, instead they want ice cream or chocolate and the rest lol. But some kids can be so fond of toys, which is understandable because it's kids thing.

Setho

VIP Contributor
This is actually going to be a good business particularly for parents who have said that they had issues with where they are going to place their children whenever they would want to shop for a long time. If something like this is been created then they can leave the kids there to play while you go out and shop.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This is actually going to be a good business particularly for parents who have said that they had issues with where they are going to place their children whenever they would want to shop for a long time. If something like this is been created then they can leave the kids there to play while you go out and shop.
That is the trick of those toys in the supermarket and department stores during the time when the mall was unheard of. Now there are arcades in the mall that stores would not bother to include toys in their decoration. But I guess the supermarket is still doing its part with the grocery cart that is small where the child can ride and pedal it like a tricycle.

Mika

VIP Contributor
One of the best strategies used by supermarkets and malls is to display items on the counter. When people reach the counter to make the payment, they will notice the product and if the product is interesting, people will immediately buy it. Items that can pull kids' attention can also generate a lot of sales.