Health Insurance Health Insurance if you already have a Disease.

raaman

Valued Contributor
If at any time, you already have a disease, and want to take a health insurance, don't be in a hurry. You can still get health insurance even though it may not be as easy as when you are healthy.

In addition, you must also be ready to get health insurance with much more expensive premiums because you already have the disease. A person who already has a certain disease, but wants to apply for insurance, can still do so.

It will be processed by the insurance provider, if he is willing to bear the risk. At the same time, you need to be prepared well mentally, so as not to be disappointed, if the insurance firm finally refuses the insurance application.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Going for health insurance when someone is nursing some diseases is not advisable except if the disease is not that terminating. The reason is that the insurance policy will be now expense because they will now put into consideration the disease while calculating the premium to be paid on the policy.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I have not checked the terms of health insurance packages offered by the insurance companies in my home country but when I was buying term life insurance, I was asked to provide a certificate of no major health issue from a certified medical officer. I guess, if you already have a disease, you may not be able to get health insurance.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
If you already have a disease, I believe this would make it possible for insurance companies to make you pay higher than you should ordinarily do. This is aimed at making sure they do not end up running into losses while trying to meet up with all that has to do with your health care bills.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Could this insurance policy be real? And how long does it last to get insured by this insurence policy because this sounds too good to be true. This insurance policy really needs to be explained further more because I would like to know if this type of insurance policy could be applied for even when one is not having health challenges.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
The essence of getting health insurance is to cater for your health challenges. Saying one can't get health insurance if you have health challenges in one of the comments is not applicable. Insurance is meant to cover loses and health challenges. Anything outside this makes it totally useless and not worth buying.

Setho

VIP Contributor
I have worked with the national health insurance scheme branch in the hospital before and I've been privileged to see people being enrolled. Whenever they want to capture you they normally asked whether you have a long-term sickness like diabetes or heart disease. If discovered that you have any of these then they are going to make you be higher than the normal policy.