Hiring a celebrity for a marketing campaign

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have seen the magic of a woman actor who was the marketing officer of a computer supplies company. It was during the mainframe era that the most common computer supplies were the continuous form (paper for printing needs) and the big 8-inch diskettes. Can you imagine our reaction when the popular sexy actor came to our office to talk to our boss about computer supplies? Some of my colleagues even asked for the autograph of the sexy marketing officer.

That scene was etched on my mind that if a celebrity would do the marketing then it would be a personal appearance in public which is more potent than the commercial ads on tv. Now it is being practiced by some actors here who have no job in this pandemic era. They are doing the live marketing of consumer products.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Marketing through the celebrity will really bolster the business which we are promoting higher due to the influence he or she poses when it comes to the physical world, many people would love to buy such products that is hold by the celebrity. But its quite expensive to acquire the right of a celebrity to promote pur brand, that's why people who doesn't have much, go to the mass media to promote their brand.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I think this is one strategy that brand used to capture and meet their target audience. You know fans can so worship their stars and wouldn’t mind buying what their star promote so it is always a plus for a brand to have a top star promote their brand, it is recognition and more money for them

Mika

VIP Contributor
Celebrity endorsement always works because celebrities have their own fan base and they have dire hard followers. However, hiring a celebrity to endorse your products and services can be really costly as celebrities based on their status can charge a really high amount and you will end up spending a lot of money just to pay the celebrity.

linneasandel

Hiring a celebrity for marketing a campaign is a great idea to spread brand awareness. If anyone is there who do not wants to do more investment for marketing their business, they can go ahead with the best selling promotional products which are easy to customized with a brand name or any promo message. This will give you a good branding.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Using celebrity to promote company is very god sometime because of their popularity and many people will just like to see them advertising and some people will even like to have the product because of the celeb that advertise the product.

Setho

VIP Contributor
I believe that hiring a celebrity to be a part of your marketing campaigns use good for penetrating objectives but it is not enough to keep people to keep on buying. You can use them if you are just launching out or when you are trying to introduce a new product but then it is only the quality of a product that can ensure that it is going to be overly successful.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Reply to the comment above....
The marketing campaign is not exactly a way to force the viewers (of the ad) to buy the product or to support the business. When a celebrity promotes a business it is just like introducing the product to the public and saying it is good, of course. But the effect on the public's reception cannot be ascertained and only the figures in the sales will confirm that.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Celebrity is someone who is popular with people. If you employ someone to market your product who is already popular, your product will gain a nice exposure. These celebrities can promote your products through TV and radio commercials, print ads, social media posting etc. However, you need huge budget to hire a celebrity.