How can i avoid DCMA warning on my blog?

Ajebo25

Verified member
I just woke up this morning and decided to download a song from one of my friends blog and I found out that the blog has been suspended firstly I thought my friend hasn't renewed his hosting maybe that was why his blog was suspended but when I actually chat him on WhatsApp he made me understood that his blog was suspended because of copyright I was shocked when I heard this because I haven't heard before that a Blog can be suspended because of copyright when I asked him why he said many of his blog posts we are copyright and the company hosting said that they couldn't continue hosting his website due to multiple reports from DCMA.

When I asked him what was DCMA my he told me that it was an it means you which report blogger Who Post copyrighted content on their blog and he said that they also have the power to report the blogger to Google if he doesn't take down the content but in the case of this guy they didn't report him to Google instead the reporting to his host company and the Host company took down his blog I have been wondering how this DCMA a company found out the host the guy is using and I want to ask how I can prevent this in my on my own blog.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
For instance, If you have an e-commerce site, then you should be very careful about DCMA. Your blog is not a store and it cannot sell anything. You can't even make money from it if you have ads on your blog. But Google still sends DMCA takedown requests to blogs and webmasters of offending sites. The results are often negative as many blogs simply ignore the request because they know they will never receive any revenue from it. If your blog is not yet indexed by Google, then there is no way they can send you a DMCA notice and it's unlikely they ever will. If you don't want to get a DMCA notice, then there are two steps that you can take:

1. Don't link to infringing material online! This might seem obvious, but most people don't think about this until they receive an email from Google telling them their website has been found to be linking to infringing content (usually at the bottom of the search engine results page).

2. Remove all links pointing back to infringing websites from your blog so Google will no longer see them when doing a search for your domain name or keywords in the future (or at least until such time as Google reclassifies these infringing sites).

3. Own your content! You heard me, do not steal content.