How can I know the best career for me

Carpon

Valued Contributor
Career choice is very crucial and critical. Wrong choice of which may land one in an avalanche of regrets which may even be a lifetime kind of thing.
This choosing your career must be done with the best of your ability in the right way, field or even Calling
As a student in High school what can I study to become successful is a question you can ask yourself?
First you must know your talents and gifts, what can I do the best and in a way I can derive pleasure from it.
This becomes your motivation for work
Avoid choosing career that have no promising future as in careers that do not show chances of being gainfully employed when one pursues it.
Today, tech world has taken over and the most successful people are those operating in this forum.
Most of the people who are into this never end up jobless and the digitalisation of our world makes it hard for them to lack where to fit in.
But most importantly when selecting a career make sure it's in line with your desires and passion and that you do it Both as a job and a fun.
Making mistakes in this line is very costly and this it must be given much thought and consideration

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Career choice is very important. You will be spending a large part of your life in a particular career. So that means you should choose the right one.

It is not easy to choose a career at the first time, but if you have some experience then it will be easier to decide what kind of job you want to do.

There are many factors which affect your career choice. These factors will help you decide about your future career path.

Some of the factors are:

1) Your family background

2) Your personality type

3) Your interest

4) Your skills and talents

It's not easy to make the right choice of career, but there are some tips you can follow:

1. Think about your personality and interests.

2. Talk to people who have experience in the field you want to pursue.

3. Go to school for a degree that will help you land a job in your chosen field later on.

4. Choose a company that is hiring and will help you develop as an employee and grow professionally over time.

Carpon

Valued Contributor
Career choice is very important. You will be spending a large part of your life in a particular career. So that means you should choose the right one.

It is not easy to choose a career at the first time, but if you have some experience then it will be easier to decide what kind of job you want to do.

There are many factors which affect your career choice. These factors will help you decide about your future career path.

Some of the factors are:

1) Your family background

2) Your personality type

3) Your interest

4) Your skills and talents

It's not easy to make the right choice of career, but there are some tips you can follow:

1. Think about your personality and interests.

2. Talk to people who have experience in the field you want to pursue.

3. Go to school for a degree that will help you land a job in your chosen field later on.

4. Choose a company that is hiring and will help you develop as an employee and grow professionally over time.
Yes sure, you have added solid points to this thread and It is acknowledged. Those factors to consider are right on point. The mistake a lot of people make is as a result of not weighing their choices putting into consideration these factors and more.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Well , for me I don't really put all these things into consideration . I don't know why but if I am choosing the best career for myself I just go for something that will be lucrative and that is all. Except it is something I am not passionately interested. Like even if I have to go and study any courses in the university I wouldn't like to engage in anything that is related to programming or computer engineering because that is not my passion but anything that is related to medical which I believe is a lucrative courses can be studied in the university by me because it is my passion and Is also what i have the interest to do it.

In a very simple way , what I put into consideration is something that will be lucrative for me and something that I really have the passion and I enjoy doing it.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Choosing a career for yourself is one of the biggest challenges you can face in life because if you make a mistake you may end up wasting a lot of time. Personally I've actually made some mistakes in terms of choosing career for myself but I actually learnt from it and one of the main things I have learnt in life is to be purposeful.

Having a purpose is very important and necessary for you to choose a very good career that you would go into happily.

Money is not the only thing you should focus on when you want to choose a career for yourself because you may make a lot of mistakes that you would regret on the long run. there are a lot of strategies which you can use to know a career that would suit you.

You need to identify the things you are very much passionate about and try as much as possible to do them or venture into them because even if the money is not coming at a certain point you will probably be consistent until you succeed. If you venture into a particular time because of money, a time will come when the money may come and you will lose interest.

King bell

VIP Contributor
It can be difficult to determine which career is the ideal one for you, but this isn't necessarily a bad thing. If you always knew what you wanted to do, you would probably be bored out of your mind by now. Career paths are fluid and change over time, so it pays off to take some time to figure out what your talents and interests are. Start by writing down your five best traits. These can include physical things like being really tall or really fast, but they should also include character traits like being trustworthy or hard-working. If you find that you have trouble identifying your best traits, try asking friends and close family what they see in you.
This may take some time, so don't get discouraged if the first draft of your list isn't very long and doesn't seem to be leading anywhere. The idea is only to find fun, useful ways of expressing yourself and your interests, so don't spend too much time on this step. Pick five things that make you happy (for example, spending time with a friend), and five things that bring you joy (for example, travelling). Think about the last few experiences in which each of these creative passions came most alive for you. What do you think would happen if you were to cultivate one of them? Now add one more thing: something that scares you. It doesn't need to be something that's unfamiliar or strange; it just needs to authentically challenge your skills and abilities. Write down what scares you about this concept as well as the actions necessary to overcome it.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Choosing your career starts when you are still at school. You will have to choose a subject that is related to your career. For instance, if you want to become a doctor, you need to study science and choose biology. If you want to become an engineer, you should choose science and physic as a major. if you want to build your career in Information Technology, you should study computer science. You can be successful only when you choose your career in the subject you studied academically. However, this does not mean you cannot shift your career. Even when you want to shift, you should study the subject you want to build your career. Choice of career should also depend on your interest as well. When you are interested, you will be interested in acquiring relevant knowledge, you will also be interested in working in that field. You should also see if your career can make money.