How can I promote on Reddit?

Irina Bodan

On Reddit, the expertise and trust of the author of publications are of great importance. The audience assigns rating points (karma and upvotes) to each author. If his topics are popular and in demand, they go to the top and are indexed by search engines. Trust is built up over several months: you have to be active, communicate with other users, comment, participate in discussions, and write unique content.

0*1JNDgZ4YTI9W6CI0.png

They don’t like hard sell. So go easy with it. Advertise like an expert, a person who really wants to share something valuable and useful and not just “sell” an obscure product.

It is optimal to promote the offers of such verticals as:
  • commodity;
  • betting;
  • dating.
Experts told us about one of the schemes for working with Reddit:
  1. Find subreddits dedicated to a narrow topic.
  2. Create a fan page on Facebook. Post a few articles and invite subscribers.
  3. Set a prerequisite for joining: fill out a name and email form to gather a base.
  4. Prepare motivational posts. “I created the group to unite people suffering from the same problem.” “I will share useful information.”
  5. Distribute text with links on subreddits with a call to go to the fan page and subscribe.
  6. Fill out the template for email newsletters.
  7. On your fan page, warm up users with product reviews from your other accounts. When you have a base of 1,000 people, you can start your first mailing list.