How do I secured a grant for my business ?

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
I'm looking for a way of getting a grant to start up a business, I deal with solar system installation. I also have some understanding of electrical installation too.

If I have a way of getting a grant I would like to deal with selling of solar panels, system and every other related solar materials and appliances. I would also like to run an electrical shop that deals with selling of electrical materials

I have applied for some grants in the past but none of them is working making it difficult for me to set up my dream shops. I do gets jobs to do but is not enough and I do not want to gets a loans . Please is there anyway I can get a grant to sets up my shop ?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
If you are in Nigeria and you dont have capital of your own, it will be hard to start a meaningful business. Our government always say there is a particular form of grant somewhere, how many people have beneffited from such? Loan seems not like a good idea in a country with highly economic instability. I will suggest an angel investor, if you can find any. Angel investors often provide capital for minority ownership in a company, usually in exchange for a percentage of the profit. Many entrepreneurs seek out angel investors for startup funding and, if you do so successfully, you'll have to negotiate and sign a contract with them.

To approach an angel investor, you need to be prepared to make a great pitch. This includes a well-researched business plan, a clear understanding of your market and a clear explanation of how you will use their investment. Understand that while they can provide income during the start-up phase of your business, they will want a say in how your business is run and structured. They also will likely want a return on their investment within 5 years.
I have come across a lot of people who think that the magic happens after you find an angel investor – that your journey is over and all you have to do is hope for the money to start coming in. I’m here to tell you that asking for angel investment is a full-time job, and as with anything else, there are strategies that will help you succeed and others that will shoot yourself in the foot before you even get off the ground. No where is easy in Nigeria.

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
Securing business grants requires thorough research to identify relevant opportunities aligned with your company's purpose, industry, demographic qualifications, and location. Closely follow all application guidelines, providing detailed documentation on your venture's goals, financial projections, operational plans, and intended use of funds. Highlight your distinct mission, innovation, expertise, and community impact. Competition is stiff, so crafting a standout, compelling proposal is essential for grant approval and funding consideration.